Waco Fly-In - Troy, Ohio

ReconRat

I'm checking to see if there is any interest in going to the Waco fly-In at Troy, Ohio on Saturday, Sept 19. If it's not pouring down rain, I'll probably be going in the morning.

http://www.wacoairmuseum.org/index.htm

2009 WACO Fly-In

September 18 &19 2009

This year’s WACO Homecoming is sure to be a memorable experience for all who attend

and enjoy the WACOS and other vintage airplanes expected for the Fly –In from all parts of the United States.

WACO pilots will provide WACO rides in their beautiful open cockpit biplanes

September 18 through September 19th . The all you can eat WACO Flying “Chris Cakes” pancake breakfast Saturday Sept.19 from 7-10:30am.is a great way to start the day, then browse the field and museum exhibits and enjoy the “Parade of WACOS” slated for Saturday afternoon.

The WACO Learning Center will show case their hands on activities including paper airplanes, rockets, helicopters and much more are always favorites for young people of all ages.

Saturday night plan to attend the WACO Banquet & Fundraising Silent Auction for one of a kind aviation treasures.

a2.jpg

I'm checking to see if there is any interest in going to the Waco fly-In at Troy, Ohio on Saturday, Sept 19. If it's not pouring down rain, I'll probably be going in the morning.

http://www.wacoairmuseum.org/index.htm

a2.jpg

I would love to but have a family reunion to go to. I used to hang out with the pres of the waco club back when I was getting my pilots license at moraine airpark.

FYI. that is his plane in the pic you posted (Andy Heins) and I have had the pleasure of flying it. Actually I helped out a bit during the rebuild of the motor on that thing. I havent seen him in years.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

You'll see the kids in CAP, they are in military BTU's........ find the smalles one there and its my kid. Dont be suprised if one of them (mine) asks if you are from ohio riders if he sees a helmet or indentifies someone as riding a cycle. I got pick him up at 1.... he has a soccer game.

Back, and saw some wonderful historical aircraft. Got parked behind the red hanger, and that was free parking. Dustinsn3485 and Jenny were there. Pics on photobucket a little later tonight.

Usual share of weirdness on the way out and back. Freeway to get there, and moving gently through what seemed to be rather fast moving traffic, a freakin' semi tractor trailer overtakes me and passes me. Let him go, geez. He was weaving and bobbing and changing lanes for no particular reason and even off the right side of the road a couple of times.

Came back from Troy on 55-36-161-Riverside Drive. Saw a deputy sheriff stop at 161 and 38 on an "alien" in a pickup full of "stuff". It appeared that the deputy sheriff wasn't making a move till a backup arrived. The backup was, well... backed up and watching closely.

Hello to the little silver Saturn Sky convertible. I had no idea those could go that fast. The Mercedes Benz convertible I passed sure wasn't interested.

Oh, and a large collection of dead bugs...

Best pics from the WACO Fly-In

All 71 pics at:

Album = http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo323/ReconRat_album/WACO%20Fly-In/

SlideShow = http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo323/ReconRat_album/WACO%20Fly-In/?albumview=slideshow

Home built car using motorcycle engine. Found in back of hanger

DSCI0764.jpg

1976 mint BMW with historical plates pulled in to visit

DSCI0775.jpg

Favorite biplane of the day

DSCI0790.jpg

Rent a ride biplane taxiing in

DSCI0803.jpg

The other rent a ride biplane getting ready

DSCI0806.jpg

Feel the wind?

DSCI0823.jpg

Young lady in historical aviatrix flight suit, posing with aircraft

DSCI0831.jpg

Dustinsn3485 and Jenny, looking at an auto gyro

DSCI0838.jpg

Really interesting biplane with 5 cylinder radial

DSCI0858.jpg

We waited until close to 1p to leave Pedro.

It was a beautiful day for the show. Jenny and I are glad we got to go. Nice meeting you as well Tom! Your general knowledge again kept me very interested.

We got there around 1:3- or so and stayed until a little after 5. My mom decided to stay in Columbus overnight on Friday so it delayed our depature time. The weather was great, it wasn't too hot or too cold. It was perfect for the most part.

Home built car using motorcycle engine. Found in back of hanger

DSCI0764.jpg

They brought that car out for a little bit toward the end of the day. It poured out more smoke than some of the aircraft that were there. It was cool though. :lol: