It finally happened.... SWing'R down

SWing'R

Yep. I had a little accident about 30minutes ago pullin out of the Speedway at Roberts & Walcutt.

I laid it down in the middle of the road (Walcutt) turning left out of the Speedway. Someone stopped back before the drive and flashed their lights to let me out, I was attempting a to turn left and go North on Walcutt, I looked right at the intersection, didn't see anything coming, pulled out and right as I was about to go a car came flyin up the turn lane, I didn't see it, it was my fault, I actually don't think I looked left, I was already in a lean/turn to the left and I grabbed a fist full of front brake, the bike went down and I jumped off of it as it went down and was just standing there looking at it in the road.

Not sure how I did it, but I picked it up like it only weighed 5lbs, turned it around and walked it back into the Speedway parking lot.

The shitty part, the guy that almost nailed me, didn't even stop to ask if I was alright, he just pulled up to the light like nothing happened.

The bike is alright, bent clutch lever, bent left turn signal, scratches on the crankcase, left handlegrip and front fork,

got a piece of plastic that looks like its just popped out of place.

I'm glad I was able to jump off the bike and not go down with it! Not a scratch on me!

Coulda been alot worse, I could have ended up a hood ornament!

2009-09-17_clutch.jpg

2009-09-17_crankcase.jpg

2009-09-17_frontfork.jpg

2009-09-17_mirror.jpg

2009-09-17_plastic.jpg

2009-09-17_turnsignal.jpg

Edited by SWing'R

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me you had sliders in that thing. Maybe I just don't see them.

You cam get sliders for your forks that go thorough your axle that will prolly cover that scuff. Everything else can be buffed out or sand/painted.

I did that like 2 weeks ago. It is funny how the adrenaline will enable you to pick the bike up like it was nothing. Sorry to hear though.

It is funny how the adrenaline will enable you to pick the bike up like it was nothing. Sorry to hear though.

Yeah, I can feel my sholders and back starting to stiffen up already.

No I don't have any sliders, I was amazed that the side large plastic is okay,

I'll look at the piece this weekend thats popped out, it doesn't look broke, just out of place.

Glad yer Ok, man! Sounds like it could have been very bad. Almost every time I'm out, some situation or arrangement could turn ugly. Today, approaching a light on a slight curve, the thing turns yellow and there's a kid in a buzz saw waiting to turn left. He saw me and was patient as I went through but if he had made his move, I'd be in the hospital, at least. Timing and arrangement can be very unfavorable!

Glad you're OK! prolly be sore fer the next few. Now you have a reason to put the flush mounts on it.

I'm not a fan of flushmounts, I prefer the visibilty of the larger signal. I think it won't need replaced anyway.

BTW, you know how they say most accidents happen within a few miles of your home....

this happened less than 1 mile from my house. Hows that for being statistically correct!

Damn dood! Glad to hear that you had such good reflexes to get away from the bike, then get it out of the way!

Were you on 270 this evening, sometime after 7? I'm pretty sure it was you, looked like your bike, jacket, flourescent sweatshirt on the back seat. We were in the cage heading to the Easton area. I'm guessing you were going to the bike night?

Damn dood! Glad to hear that you had such good reflexes to get away from the bike, then get it out of the way!

Were you on 270 this evening, sometime after 7? I'm pretty sure it was you, looked like your bike, jacket, flourescent sweatshirt on the back seat. We were in the cage heading to the Easton area. I'm guessing you were going to the bike night?

Yeah I have cat like reflexes :D and yes that was me heading out to Wings & Rings.