Went for a ride into Pa yesterday.

Lost1888

Some of you might not know Passintru, some may. IDK. He is a friend of mine from RO.

Here is my post from over there.

If anyone who reads this is headed on the ride next weekend into Pa may I suggest riding 949. It's a gorgeous side thru Cooks forest and shouldn't be missed if your in the area.

Passinthru and I ended up heading deep into the wilds of Pa. I started on the road at 8:30 am. to meet Passinthru by 11 in Sandy Lake Pa. Got there about 1/2-3/4 early so I stopped in at the local diner and had sausage gravy, biscuits, and a coffee. Met up with Passinthru at the gas station across the street and headed down 62 to 36 and made our first stop of many at Tionesta lake.

So from there we ran 36 down to 949. 949 is a real nice road. It's a little rough in spots but the scenery riding thru Cooks Forest and other Forestry area is great. So off 949 we hooked up with 120 still going east. After this I have a hard time remembering the route. Maybe Passintru can elaborate on where we were next? All in all it was a great ride. It was a little longer than expected but worth ever mile. Even freezing my ass off on the way home down rt.6 for 200+ miles and didn't start heading back till after 8:00 and good Elk burger at a local restaurant.

On to the pics. I took 70. Some good, some bad, playing around with angles and stuff. Feel free to check my album and comment as you please. This ride was not for the faint of heart. Not an aggressive paced ride but we covered a lot of pavement and enjoyed every minute of it.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...20Ohio%202009/

Thanks again Mark!

Totals for the trip

Miles- 631.7 door to door.

Time- 17 hours on the road.

A couple of my favorite shots.

At a pull off on 120

104_43382.jpg

Marks little secret on 555

104_43452.jpg

104_43482.jpg

The Canyon

104_43782.jpg

Some of you might not know Passintru, some may. IDK. He is a friend of mine from RO.

Here is my post from over there.

If anyone who reads this is headed on the ride next weekend into Pa may I suggest riding 949. It's a gorgeous side thru Cooks forest and shouldn't be missed if your in the area.

Passinthru and I ended up heading deep into the wilds of Pa. I started on the road at 8:30 am. to meet Passinthru by 11 in Sandy Lake Pa. Got there about 1/2-3/4 early so I stopped in at the local diner and had sausage gravy, biscuits, and a coffee. Met up with Passinthru at the gas station across the street and headed down 62 to 36 and made our first stop of many at Tionesta lake.

So from there we ran 36 down to 949. 949 is a real nice road. It's a little rough in spots but the scenery riding thru Cooks Forest and other Forestry area is great. So off 949 we hooked up with 120 still going east. After this I have a hard time remembering the route. Maybe Passintru can elaborate on where we were next? All in all it was a great ride. It was a little longer than expected but worth ever mile. Even freezing my ass off on the way home down rt.6 for 200+ miles and didn't start heading back till after 8:00 and good Elk burger at a local restaurant.

On to the pics. I took 70. Some good, some bad, playing around with angles and stuff. Feel free to check my album and comment as you please. This ride was not for the faint of heart. Not an aggressive paced ride but we covered a lot of pavement and enjoyed every minute of it.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...20Ohio%202009/

Thanks again Mark!

Totals for the trip

Miles- 631.7 door to door.

Time- 17 hours on the road.

A couple of my favorite shots.

At a pull off on 120

104_43382.jpg

Marks little secret on 555

104_43452.jpg

104_43482.jpg

The Canyon

104_43782.jpg

Beautiful pics man. You have any more?

Do it!

If you do 2-3 weeks if the weather stays like this the leaves should look good. There are many hotels/motels along the route. It should be easy to find an affordable place to stay. I wouldn't recommend making the round trip unless you have heated gear or like that kind of riding. Last night I had realized I had 200+ miles to go and it was dark and chilly. By 11:00 in Youngville Pa. I made my first gas stop it was pretty cold. I don't have heated gear just my Teknic pants, touring coat, gloves and helmet. Then rode home from there till 1:30, fuel light on pulling in the garage.