Where is a good place to get an alignment?

max power

The wifes 4Runner just got new (slightly used) shoes. Now it needs aligned and the new tires need balanced.

The aliens that mounted them mumbled something about not being able to balance them well because the wheels were too mbmbmbadfamab and gave me the number of a place on champion ave.

Uh, no thanks.

So, where is a good alignment shop that wont charge me like its a semi truck?

Tansky Toyota has a new machine that they keep well calibrated. They have some of the best mechanics, too. You'll get a guy who knows how to do it precise.

Germain is closer to you but I can't vouch for them.

The way the machines are anymore anyone with basic knowledge can do an alignment now understanding how to read the numbers as to pull and tire wear thats a different story.

The way the machines are anymore anyone with basic knowledge can do an alignment now understanding how to read the numbers as to pull and tire wear thats a different story.

:plus1:

Anyone can put the numbers in the green, but that's no guarentee that it will not pull, or wear tires! The specs are SUPPOSED to be so that even if you're at the edge of the specs it will be ok, but some simply aren't. Experience will tell where the numbers should be. For instance, you can fudge things a bit on a 4x4 truck, where a sports car needs to be as precise as you can get it. Myself, I try to get it as close as possible on all.

:plus1:

Anyone can put the numbers in the green, but that's no guarentee that it will not pull, or wear tires! The specs are SUPPOSED to be so that even if you're at the edge of the specs it will be ok, but some simply aren't. Experience will tell where the numbers should be. For instance, you can fudge things a bit on a 4x4 truck, where a sports car needs to be as precise as you can get it. Myself, I try to get it as close as possible on all.

I use half tolerence and generally use adjust to zero and zero everything out the best that I can

OK, I'm back.

Took the ol ladys Runner to Tiki Tire. Its a new place at 6111 E. Main St. in Reynoldsburg, just east of Schottys/Value City Furniture. It is Next to where Beanies was in the spot that used to be ATransmission right past Rallys.

All I can say is go see Shane. These guys were great. They have a very clean shop with brand new equipment and treated me right. I called around this morning and every place wanted $80 to align and at least $40 to balance. Shane said they would do it all for $80. He said they had a truck on the alignment rack, so come in around 1.

When I get there, the truck is still on the rack. They are having trouble finding parts. They balance my tires and tell me to come back in a few. I wanted to hit the junk yard, so I gave him my # and left. He called me back in and put the truck on the rack, found that my alignment was spot on and charged me $25 for the balance. (Their alignment price is usually $65)

So, to sum it up; Cool, knowledgeable guys, clean shop, new equipment and they treated me right with awesome prices. Check them out.

Tiki tire

6111 E. Main st.

575-tiki (8454)