Want To Buy Full Face Helmet, Must Be Anti Fog

Big Green Valley

I've never owned a full face helmet because the ones I've tried on have fogged up in seconds. I used to wear a 3/4 helmet for winter riding, but have also had them fog up.

With this winter looking to be pretty cold, I would like to try a full face again, but it has to be anti fog.

So, please forward your opinions and experience with your full face helmets.

Thanks.

I had an X-Lite with a nosepiece to keep your breath going down, and it had a Pinlock system, which layered the visor with another visor inside the helmet, keeping the fog from forming. It is the X-Lite 901 Checa Replica. I use it still as my winter helmet for that reason.

the Nolan i jsut got rid of had a anti fog insert.. and that thing actually worked.. i was very skeptical, cause well i have never seen an anti fog anything that actually worked.

i was in sub 40 degree temps in rain and no fog!

Same deal. X-Lite is the Racing line of Nolan. The system works.

You are asking about faceshields and not helmets. It isn't the helmet that causes the fogging - it's the shield...

That being said, there are a lot of great examples listed like the No-Fog inserts, etc. You can also buy anti-fog stuff for an existing shield.

Scorpion shields are damn near the best anti-fog built shield out there... So is Shark from what I am told...

If you ride in winter, buy a dual pane shield like they use for snowmobiles...

You are asking about faceshields and not helmets. It isn't the helmet that causes the fogging - it's the shield...

That being said, there are a lot of great examples listed like the No-Fog inserts, etc. You can also buy anti-fog stuff for an existing shield.

Scorpion shields are damn near the best anti-fog built shield out there... So is Shark from what I am told...

QFT... was going to say the same thing... shield is the issue not helmet.

:plus1:

Check out scorpion

have a full "snow" conversion

Thanks for the advice. I went to the Iron Pony last night and tried a few on. I liked the fit of the Scorpion EXO-700 and purchased it from Sportbike Track Gear today.

Good luck! Let me know how you like it... I'm probably going to buy a new helmet over the winter.

Thanks for the advice. I went to the Iron Pony last night and tried a few on. I liked the fit of the Scorpion EXO-700 and purchased it from Sportbike Track Gear today.

I hope you like it...I needed a helmet to last me til the end of summer so I picked up the 400 but I will probably buy a 1000 next summer.

the Nolan i jsut got rid of had a anti fog insert.. and that thing actually worked.. i was very skeptical, cause well i have never seen an anti fog anything that actually worked.

i was in sub 40 degree temps in rain and no fog!

+1 for the Nolan with the anti-fog insert. It is an 'extra' lens that is considerably thicker and it attaches to the inside of the regular lens. It works very very well. It comes with the Nolans, or at least did last year.

good choice....my Scorpion is awesome and have zero complaints about it