wish my body would make up its mind

socaln8tv

seriously? you are the first person to confirm this for me. im dying here. how long did it last for you guys?

Not sure, you can ask Jags again later. I'm a certified milf doctor...please come by for a diagnosis. :D jk.

Cold weather is coming. Time for runny noses, blood shot eyes, coughing, weezing, body aches...and sore throats.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe its the placebo effect but i've used echinacea numerous times when I start to get sick and I either stop being sick or my time being sick is reduced to 2-3 days. I also take vitamins and stay hydrated and end up being okay. echinacea ftw!

Just be careful with multivitamins. A lot of people double up on them when they get sick but the issue is that they contain a lot of fat soluble ingredients so it can make you very sick.

When flu season rolls around I usually grab some Vitamin C and just take 3-5 times the amount every day. The great thing about water soluble vitamins like VitC is that your body will use what it needs then the rest goes out the normal way water leaves your body :)

Just be careful with multivitamins. A lot of people double up on them when they get sick but the issue is that they contain a lot of fat soluble ingredients so it can make you very sick.

When flu season rolls around I usually grab some Vitamin C and just take 3-5 times the amount every day. The great thing about water soluble vitamins like VitC is that your body will use what it needs then the rest goes out the normal way water leaves your body :)

yah yah dr. gupta, I know. Fat soluble vitamins are absorbed by the body and deposited into bone tissue usually where water soluble vitamins typical follow renal excretion.

Whatever it is I have it too. I've felt like sh*t since Sunday. :(

i hope i recover soon. i just yelled at my kids from my bed and told them im a donkey on the edge... and "get the (insert pottymouth) in bed!" i swear im going to loose it.

ps. jagr -- that graphic is hysterical

yah yah dr. gupta, I know. Fat soluble vitamins are absorbed by the body and deposited into bone tissue usually where water soluble vitamins typical follow renal excretion.

roflmao, who's dr gupta? (other than a professor I had once, not a dr)

Edited by Likwid

Dude youre gonna get a dicksicle if you keep mega dosing.

Somebody call Dr. Drew.

sick here too.... funny, mine hit me sunday also. but I normally dont eat when I'm sick and I was eatn every fraggin thing I could find sunday and monday. been taken CoAdvil like skittles........ feeln better, but get crappy late in the day. dont really feel that bad.... just sucks to be sick. O, and breathn with painters mask on with your nose all stuffed up is near impossible

sick here too.... funny, mine hit me sunday also. but I normally dont eat when I'm sick and I was eatn every fraggin thing I could find sunday and monday. been taken CoAdvil like skittles........ feeln better, but get crappy late in the day. dont really feel that bad.... just sucks to be sick. O, and breathn with painters mask on with your nose all stuffed up is near impossible

funny you say that cause mine worsens 10x at nite. fuggin weird. i was taking 400 mg of motrin robotussin d and drank about half a bottle nyquil and still no sleep last nite. guess i gorgot what its like to be sick. :(

I don't know. There is so much stuff going around in the schools in the Fall, it's hard to say what is what. This is the first I've heard of an 8-day malady. I have heard of a minor lower tract malady going around. And we're starting to get reports of people having been exposed to H1N1 through friends. One of the joys of working in a college or university.

Immediate exposure risk for H1N1, within a family unit, is 1 in 10 for major contagion, and 1 in 20 for minor contagion. Major is 2 of 4 symptoms = fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose. Minor is fever with either cough or sore throat. Per CDC website.

Not sure, you can ask Jags again later. I'm a certified milf doctor...please come by for a diagnosis. :D jk.

Cold weather is coming. Time for runny noses, blood shot eyes, coughing, weezing, body aches...and sore throats.

my 6yr old son is laying in bed with me asking me what a milf is. i told him you misspelled milk. now he wants to know what the milk dr. is? I can't win. :p but for real -- change of seasons maybe now that i think of it. today i was tossing the idea of sinus infection around.

have not lost my appetite at all either. normally i don't eat at all when im truely sick so thats a flag right there for me.

i had that about 8 days. Would fell better at some point in the day. the next morning it started over. Weird right? Wife had it too. Went back to work and a buncha peeps had the same.

Welcome to the club.

you guys and your swine flu...:p

my 6yr old son is laying in bed with me asking me what a milf is. i told him you misspelled milk. now he wants to know what the milk dr. is? I can't win. :p but for real -- change of seasons maybe now that i think of it. today i was tossing the idea of sinus infection around.

now that is comedy writing itself....:D

Socal I feel your pain. I got some stomach virus last Wednesday, felt a little better thursday. Then Thursday evening got sinus issues. Felt a little better then in the middle of the night last night, wok up with a crazy cramp feeling in my left side. I hate the doctors but I woke the wife up to take me to the ER at 3am. Come to find that I had kidney stones and one of them was passing. That sucked! All I know is the doc gave me something amazing at the ER in my IV. That was the only plus to my trip...lol. I finally passed the stupid thing this aftenoon. Wow, I don't wish that on anyone!

Socal I feel your pain. I got some stomach virus last Wednesday, felt a little better thursday. Then Thursday evening got sinus issues. Felt a little better then in the middle of the night last night, wok up with a crazy cramp feeling in my left side. I hate the doctors but I woke the wife up to take me to the ER at 3am. Come to find that I had kidney stones and one of them was passing. That sucked! All I know is the doc gave me something amazing at the ER in my IV. That was the only plus to my trip...lol. I finally passed the stupid thing this aftenoon. Wow, I don't wish that on anyone!

you passed a stone today? ive never had babies the natural way but ive had stones before and that is pain i have to imagine is worse than childbirth. pain so horrible i think i passed out in shock, the only time ive picked up the fon for an ambulance. that they gave you meds in your iv is truely a blessing.. not trying to be dramatic but stones are not our friends. you havent had a good week, hopefully you have afew days to catch up/heal.

Yeah it sucked. My wife was telling me that the doc said it was worse then chidbirth. I couldn't sit, had to keep walking around. I had the hospital in town though, but I was in so much pain I didn't care, I just wanted it to go away. I'll more then likely be back at work in the AM. I guess it all depends on how tonight goes.