employment verification often is no longer free

socaln8tv

Am finding out the hard way that corporate America's HR is no longer interested in simple employment verification tasks.... No instead it forces companys to pay fees now to get employment history verification on new prospective employees thru 3rd party services set up on the internet. Keep your W2's and references contact information current is my only advice. i won't ever forget this experience.

Am finding out the hard way that corporate America's HR is no longer interested in simple employment verification tasks....

They do it that way now to avoid the liability if something goes wrong in the verification process. If the info is wrong or leads to a damage claim the company they hire to do it is on the hook. Doesn't make it right, or a good idea as it appears you have experienced...just pointing out why.

When I was getting my mortgage my bank asked for the HR verification number, so I gave them the number for the service. They said "we're not paying to check, we need the name of a person"...

At this point I was quite annoyed so my answer was a bit rude. "I work for a multi billion dollar corporation, there isn't 'Jim' in HR I can give you to verify, either call the damn number or call my boss, you have both numbers" they called my boss.

I don't know why "employment verification" has gotten so difficult, "Does Matt work for you? Yes? Ok thanks bye"

Kind of' date=' should be doing this already, though.... right? :confused:[/quote']

since our relocation, files from 2000 to at least 05 are in storage. i guess what i should have said was keep them at direct reach. at least i kept all my supervisors info completely current, despite job changes and retirements. i had that at least!

Edited by socaln8tv

When I was getting my mortgage my bank asked for the HR verification number, so I gave them the number for the service. They said "we're not paying to check, we need the name of a person"...

At this point I was quite annoyed so my answer was a bit rude. "I work for a multi billion dollar corporation, there isn't 'Jim' in HR I can give you to verify, either call the damn number or call my boss, you have both numbers" they called my boss.

I don't know why "employment verification" has gotten so difficult, "Does Matt work for you? Yes? Ok thanks bye"

as i came to find out, my old employer, the latimes and both jp morgan are clients users of this online verification company. i get there are many companies within each corporation and its all grey and convoluded. but that being said, they still would not move forward utilizing the service... why? bc chase hr hunters also use yet another 3rd party service for all the security/ verification needs. what you said, expressed explicity my conversation with the the head hunter yesterday. they handled it thank god and clearance is final.

Don't feel bad. To maintain a military industrial clearance to seek employment with mil-spec aerospace... I have to produce ever address I've ever lived at since I left home after high school. (except time in the military). List all immediate family and where they are now. List all clearances I've had both state and federal, the type, and the start and stop dates. List everyone I ever lived with. List all trips outside the USA. List all aliases (now including all on-line monikers.) Declare whether or not I've ever had contact with a LONG list of organizations and the individuals that MIGHT anger the government... etc etc. And then the fingerprints and criminal background check with each local, state, FBI, CIA, Interpol, Scotland Yard, Royal Canadian Mounties, and a few others I probably can't mention.

The first time I had to do this, I made several copies and put them away for safe keeping. And I still forgot to spell out my Sister's middle name, argh. They sent it back.

I've also heard that keeping the first and last utility bills for all residencies isn't a bad idea either.

In the last two decades, there has been a surge in fraud in the work place. People generate false documents, take a job, fake work and do nothing, and sudden vanish after six to 24 months. Many of them are foreign nationals. Computer programmers are especially venerable, since it's hard to check the work and easy to fake. Which of course created new jobs, people to check the work.

Edited by ReconRat

So if you can't prove you used to have a job you can't have a new one?

Sound kinda like health insurance.

Papers please citizen.

nazi-papers.jpg

Where are your papers?

Does it seem like the world is moving the wrong way on items like this?

Written 2000 years ago:

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Not standing on a soap box, rather waiting for Rod Serling to explain the plot to me.

Presented for your inspection...

serling.jpg

Edited by Strictly Street