Quick Intro from Cleveland

CBBaron

Hello,

I'm taking the MSF basic rider course at the end of the month and researching bikes I might be interested in. I've promised myself I would not buy anything until I finish the course and get a better feel for what I might be interested in.

Right now I'm leaning towards a dual sport or supermoto. I'm 6'2" so the seat height is not a problem and I like the light weight and ability to take a drop. Plus I think trail riding might be fun. Many years ago I rode ATVs and wouldn't mind going off-road.

We will see what happens. First have to convince my wife I won't kill my self just by considering a motorcycle.

Craig

:welcome:

6'2", huh. That pretty much opens every bike out there for you! Happy shopping. Flying Brick likes to sit on KTMs at the dealership just to spite me.

Well it opens up the tall and big bikes, however many small bikes become very uncomfortable. Small cruisers/standards put my knees above my hips and often my hands hit my knees when trying to turn. On bikes like the 250r and 500r the ridge on the tank that is supposed to be above your knees, isn't.

None of those issues prevent me from riding those bikes but they are less comfortable, so finding a cheap small bike with great MPG to start on becomes a little more difficult.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Passed the riding exam at the end of the BRC yesterday. Fun couple days learning to ride. The beat-up TW200 I was using was a fun little bike.

Now I just need to find a bike. :)

Looking for a good value on a light dual sport (no KLRs or V-stroms :D).

Craig