Buell is discontinued, MV Agusta for sale...

Tpoppa

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just sad and f'ed. One more reason to tell HD to sod off. Fuckers. The 1125 was something I was thinking about too, to go along side the RC. The onyl silver lining to this is how this might F things up for DMG since they have hitched their wagon to Buell and alienated all the other manufacturers in the process.

One more reason Hardley sux. The "American" company dumps an American subsidiary & visionary to instead buy Italian :rolleyes:

I think they've just been lookin' for a reason to dump Erik since he all but admitted their product is obsolecense defined & sux balls, when he went to the Rotax power. Talk about a slap in the face

Dissapointing to see Buell go..... Just when it seemed they were finally becoming a legit contender. I was hellbent I was gonna buy a Buell back when I fell into 'Birdy instead. Had my mind made up until I saw a guy my size on a FireBolt, and decided I needed a bigger bike. Had been keepin' the new 1125 series in the back of my mind if I ever decide to update 'Birdy, but who am I kiddin'..... I couldn't ever leave my girl! :D

Edited by Fonzie

Because he's a masochist who chooses his bikes based on emotions and beauty rather than logic.

Not everyone is completely left brained there, Spock

I used to have a firebolt xb12r.....it was very very very rattly...I ride a duc, and have ridden many rc51's and the buell feels too much like a harly on the model I had...It vibrated my hands to death.... Here is a pic of her

Always thought the FireBolt's were sharp lookin'

maybe harley was losing money because... harleys suck. They should've cut half their HD lineup instead of getting rid of buell. How many trikes do they plan to sell in 2010? Or 27k dollar custom springer softails? You can find similar styled "clone" bikes with better quality at half the cost. They need to either increase their innovation (since most of them are still oil cooled I doubt thats going to happen) to justify their prices or drop their price to regain market share. I don't know the exact numbers, but I get the feeling their "brand" isn't exactly getting good penetration with first time buyers because of so many other better/cheaper options are out there now and most of their sales come from existing customers buying newer Harleys. If GM can go bankrupt, I'm pretty sure harley can too, its just whether or not Obama wants to buy them out. They almost went belly up in 1985, so I think its just as possible today as it was then.

I've rode an XB12R, and the 1125R. Either is a great bike, great brakes and suspension. A buddy had both we traded on rides often. He could never the dealers to order parts and they wouldn't provide service. Hopefully, somebody will pick them back up.

Yes, this is very sad. Though i didn't think they should have been racing in Daytona SB, I think they were good looking bikes. I hope someone does pick them up.

I agree with everyone that Buell should have been sold next to sportbikes. They certainly would have sold more of them.

but if you ever really rode an XB on a twisty road you'd certainly change that opinion. They are great canyon carvers with awesome torque. Truly great street bikes if placed in the proper hands. .

Sounds like he saw you riding your Buell Tony !!:D

I don't know the exact numbers, but I get the feeling their "brand" isn't exactly getting good penetration with first time buyers because of so many other better/cheaper options are out there now and most of their sales come from existing customers buying newer Harleys.

I think you're on to something there. Most of the people I know that have Hardley's have had other (some, many other) bikes before they get a Hardley. Most first-time riders can't handle a harley, let alone afford one!

I think you're on to something there. Most of the people I know that have Hardley's have had other (some, many other) bikes before they get a Hardley. Most first-time riders can't handle a harley, let alone afford one!

i had 08 electra glide hate it ,trade for 09 duc, loved .