A sad day today

rick37

My dog(smashmouth) a12 year old english bulldog had 3 grandma seizers yesterday and took him to the vet where the did blood work and found that he may be bleeding inside because of a low white blood count(I think thats what they said)however today the 15th he was not doing very well and the wife and I decided it was time. I could not make any of the calls because I could not stop sobing like a baby,My wife took care of everything for us,She is much tronger than me and I ain't afraid to say it either I just could not say goodbye to him.He is headed back to vinton county where he grew up.

Thanks for letting me share my feeling(big wuss I know it was only a dog)He was my son a big part of the family.

Edited by rick37

GSobbing just means you have a heart.

True story. Its very hard to loose a dog. I lost one last year and my ex took my other dog from me recently (few months ago) BUT I got another one last week.

Sorry about your loss man. I know how hard it is

i was expecting this to be another "buell is closing" thread, but this is way worse :(

I've only had my dog 9 months, and I already can't imagine what life would be like without him. Sorry for your loss. no matter what people say, it's not "just a dog" when it's YOUR dog; or, as Ron White puts it, "I like MY dog - i don't give a shit about yours."

remember the good times :)

Sorry, man. Dogs are pure love and tough to lose. I dread the day my little turd is gone. He is my child.

I'm divorcing and she is taking him, that is really the thing that I'll miss the most.

It must be tough to put him down as well, but better that than knowing he is suffering and no way to tell you.

Thats tough man. Sorry to hear about your loss. Ive had my pug for 2 yrs and I love her to death. Id beat a bitch if anybody ever hurt her.

I saw an English bull dog at the Fairfield Mall this past weekend and those things are awesome.