Hand Warmers

JBWalker

Rubber gloves FTW.

Get some decent warm gloves then get some giant oversized rubber gloves that go over the top of them. Thin flexible ones like for dishwashing or industrial use. Hardware stores have black ones so you don't have that crazy dishwashing lime green or yellow thing going on. I got some that are real thin that go almost up to my elbows for rain. Tried them on a cold day and they 100 percent block the wind from getting through the gloves...and the regular gloves are then plenty of insulation to keep me warm. Works real well down to 30 so far, and my fingers normally FREEZE below 50.

We are talking a 2 dollar investment here.

Delivered to your door:

HeatMax Hot Hands 2 Handwarmer (40 pairs)

Glove and boot sized pair of warmers

$25.21 and Free Shipping (63 cents a pair)

http://www.amazon.com/HeatMax-Hot-Hands-Handwarmer-pairs/dp/B0007ZF4OA/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_text_b

HeatMax Hand & Body Warmer (40 Count)

Larger pocket sized warmer (4 x 5 inches)

$22.21 and free shipping if over $25 (56 cents each)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007ZF4Q8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001G7QECY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02B93G2BYRQ3Q4N24CB8

HeatMax Toastie Toes Foot Warmer (40 Pairs)

Toe shaped pair of toe warmers

$34.99 and free shipping (88 cents a pair)

http://www.amazon.com/HeatMax-Toastie-Toes-Warmer-Pairs/dp/B0007ZF4PE/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_text_c

Some say this brand works better, dunno.

But they do cost less than the Grabber.

I keep a couple in my tank bag, but never use them.

I got decent gloves and boots, I guess.

(Or forget to use the warmers.)

Ultra thin glove liners at Dick's, underarmour material about $14.00, if you know any EMT's or nurses get a box of the heavier blue surgical gloves, wear them under your leather gloves. Great cold insulation, but you'll get sweaty hands, liners are better.

Ultra thin glove liners at Dick's, underarmour material about $14.00, if you know any EMT's or nurses get a box of the heavier blue surgical gloves, wear them under your leather gloves. Great cold insulation, but you'll get sweaty hands, liners are better.

Great reminder on the surgical gloves. Always keep a pair in yer pocket. Clammy as hell but warm as hell, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually end up riding with my left hand on the side of the engine, or lay it behind the the radiator. The warm air coming thru it will keep my hand warm. And for some reason it is only my left hand that get seriously cold. My right one stays okay. Beacuse of using the throttle it gets worked some?? :dunno: