Gay moment

RFM

Ugg Boots. I don't get it. Cute girl, in a miniskirt and Pink sweatshirt, in Uggs. Not that I regularly comment on a girls ability to accessorize, but why spoil a brilliantly slutty outfit with comfy boots?

this is not a gay moment. its a observation in dress code. kind of like how we all are just a little annoyed at the underwear hanging out of saggy jeans.

it was good seeing you again last night. really nice bike!

this is not a gay moment. its a observation in dress code. kind of like how we all are just a little annoyed at the underwear hanging out of saggy jeans.

it was good seeing you again last night. really nice bike!

Thanks! I've found my niche with the Aprilia's. Fun to hang for a bit too. And that is so funny you mentioned that. I was at Arby's with my daughter, and we totally layed into two guys that were low-hangers. Try this, get near them, and in a hushed voice say, "Hey guys, do you want to see my underwear?" Give it a little raise of an eyebrow too for effect. What made it better was a 12 year old girl laughing at them.

Nobody wants to see your drawls. I hate it.

That's def indecent exposure.

I mean if a dude can't have his balls out making coffee in his own house. (it's in a thread soewhere) then nobody should be allowed to wear "saggers"

or "Shants" for that matter. Actually the only people I see still wearing Shants are older tubby white men with an old skool Justin Timberfake jawline beard and fake gold chains on top of 4XL jersey length polos.

End rant.

Definitions:

History of the ugg boot

The general consensus is that the name is coined from the term "ugly boot" and ever since then, Australians have referred to their sheepskin boots as ugg boots, uggies or uggs. Regardless of the history, it is and always will be a generic term for sheepskin boots in Australia. Ask any Australian what an ugg boot is and they'll say sheepskin boot. It's as 'ocker' (slang for 'Australian') as meat pies and kangaroos. Contrary to some stories proliferating on the web, it would be difficult for any one person to lay claim to making the "first" pair of uggs or ugg boots and it was quite likely invented over and over by different people given they do look - well - sort of "ugly".

Nothing new really, they used to be sold as Eskimo boots, Mukluks...

muk⋅luk

/ˈmʌkthinsp.pnglʌk/ [muhk-luhk]

–noun

1. a soft boot worn by Eskimos, often lined with fur and usually made of sealskin or reindeer skin.

2. a similar boot with a soft sole, usually worn for lounging.

Also, mucluc, muckluck.

Origin:

1865–70, Americanism; < Yupik maklak bearded seal, incorrectly taken to mean “sealskin,” then transferred to boots made of sealskinthinsp.png

Dictionary.com Unabridged

Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

Oddly, a new American company sells the Ugg boots and claims "invented" them, and sues everyone else who's been making them for a century or more.

And oddly, these boots are half the price in Australia, and can be found in real sheepskin (for a higher price), not fake.

Thanks! I've found my niche with the Aprilia's. Fun to hang for a bit too. And that is so funny you mentioned that. I was at Arby's with my daughter, and we totally layed into two guys that were low-hangers. Try this, get near them, and in a hushed voice say, "Hey guys, do you want to see my underwear?" Give it a little raise of an eyebrow too for effect. What made it better was a 12 year old girl laughing at them.

You and I are hanging out more next summer. No homo. :lol: