Got in an accident tonight

Meanie

My wife wanted to go get some small pumpkins so we went to Lynd's Fruit Farm. We stopped at the red light at Morse Rd and SR 310 and while waiting for the light to change I heard brakes screaming and BAM. i got out of the car and a women crawled out of the car behind me. She had 2 kids in the back of her car that were crying. I had my wife and daughter in the car. Everyone seems to be fine. I got her information and called the licking county sheriffs department. Before the officer arrived the lady left. She was talking on her cell phone when she rear-ended us. I tried calling her insurace but being a Sunday obviusly no one was available. I'll call them tomorrow and get the process started. What fun.....

in ohio, is it legal to leave the scene of an accident before the cops arrive if insurance has already been exchanged? strictly out of curiosity. :confused:

thank goodness nobody was hurt.

in ohio, is it legal to leave the scene of an accident before the cops arrive if insurance has already been exchanged? strictly out of curiosity. :confused:

Yes, if there are no injuries or property damaged beyond the two vehicles involved and both parties exchange information then leaving the scene is okay. You are still required to report the accident to the police and your insurance company within 24 hours of the incident.

I got hit a few weeks ago..and the driver that hit me took off after I got her info (she was in a 'hurry'). The cop didn't seem too worried about it...neither did the insurance company.

Yes, you are allowed to leave as long as information was exchanged, and there were no injuries. The cop at the scene also wasn't very concerned. However, she never took my information and probably won't contact her insurance company. I've tried a few times this morning and only gotten the companies answering machine. I left a message and will continue to try and reach them today. I contacted my insurance company last night and my agent called me this morning.

From my understanding, your insurance will handle everything for you. Since being hit falls under Collision, including your deductible. But I NEVER deal with claims so I could be as bit off here.

For accidents where you are not at fault your insurance will typically subrogate the deductible from the insured.

Anyway, not a lawyer, or insurance agent for this or any state. Opinion is my own and doesn't represent the company I work for.

From my understanding, your insurance will handle everything for you. Since being hit falls under Collision, including your deductible. But I NEVER deal with claims so I could be as bit off here.

For accidents where you are not at fault your insurance will typically subrogate the deductible from the insured.

Anyway, not a lawyer, or insurance agent for this or any state. Opinion is my own and doesn't represent the company I work for.

From all the insurance stuff I have had to handle here at work this is pretty much how things go in my understanding as well

Your deductible will be taken out of the repair costs untill the other insurance company reimburses the you. I'm still waiting for the ins. co of the guy who pulled out in front of me this summer to pay up.:mad:

Waiting for the other guy to pay?!?! Huh? I called the other person's insurance company and had THEM pay for a rental and cut a check to me while the car was still in the shop.

Yeah, my bad for letting All State handle it for me:rolleyes:

Nice disclaimer covering your ass. :D

Yeah, my bad for letting All State handle it for me:rolleyes:

I have Allstate. They cut me a check for the deductable.

Not my fault. Guy hit me and took off. I chased him till he "drove" off the road and hit a tree. He was in a Crown Vic. Me an SI. I won. :D

I have Allstate. They cut me a check for the deductable.

Not my fault. Guy hit me and took off. I chased him till he "drove" off the road and hit a tree. He was in a Crown Vic. Me an SI. I won. :D

I'm still out $125 becuase the other guys ins company is saying I was 25% at fault. WTF I wasn't issued a ticked for wreckless opp and I didn't pull out in front of someone crossing two lanes of oncoming traffic. F'n mentally handcaped drivers.:mad: I'm still fighting it though.:cool:

Small claims court for $25 Alex.

I'd love to see them explain to a small claims judge why they think you are 25% at fault.

But really it's only $25 file fee. If they lose/don't show they have to pay that too.

25% at fault? What the fuck is that? That insurance adjuster is fucking you in the ass with a hot poker.

If you didn't get ticketed...it's not your fault. You need to threaten legal action. I mean..really? 25% at fault? Wow.

I was on the phone with the other person's insurance agent(which happens to be MY company, but they didn't know it at the time) within 3-4 hours. My car was looked at and I was in a rental on the next business day. They tried to play that 'take the care to THIS place' bullshit and I told them to pound salt. "Send your adjuster to this address...this is where the work will be done".

Know your rights before hand...the adjusters can tell when someone isn't aware of all the facts and it's their job to save as much $$ for the company as possible. At your expense, if necessary.

ya man for sure glad your okay. i dont think we have had the pleasure of meeting yet but maybe sooner or later. my uncle and i went to hocking hills yesterday for a little bit and he went down on his zx12. bike went under the gardrail and he got off of it just in time too otherwise he would have no hands left. he smacked pretty hard but he was okay thank God!!!!!