Possible Leaf Tour-Sunday

Unk Greg

Uh, anyone interested in a Sunday ride? I just got an email from some folks in Columbus and they wanna ride this weekend. I'm for Sunday-and waiting for confirmation from them re: mtg. where and when.

Touring folks so just a relaxed pace and see the leaves-still some left around here. I usually meet them in Utica at the Pioneer restaurant (or Martinsburg). Travel is in/thru Holmes, Coshocton, Knox, Tusc. Usually.

Hanging it out there. I'll know more when they message me back.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaf's prelim report-just in. Past peak, but still have colors running on ridges. Get down in the hollers and the rock faces are to be seen. So we got some brown with maroon, red and yellow/orange and the green of the pine trees.

Columbus group - got a spot in yer town to hook up and then I'll pick ya up in Utica @ Pioneer Restaurant. Cleve. group (if any) Sing out-meet Millersburg, Killbuck?

If the sun shines the colors that are there will pop!

Covered bridges? Yay or Nay? Three easy enough, in a generous loop. Four if ya want Mohican area too. Two are real easy. Photo ops a plenty.

later,

Shout to Pickering and Troy- Set up an 11AM meet time better for you folks? At Martinsburg? Or keep the restaurant in Utica-to eat before heading into the woods? Gas is at both places. Cleveland crew-meet where Unk Punk parked his bike that one weekend? Intersection of USR62 and SR60...I know you guys know where it is, I seen the posted pics! Say 10AM? Then we'll run 62 to Martinsburg/Utica.

We will just drop into the backroads from Martinsburg. The original group that emailed was looking for back roads. Won't be doing gravel and mud. I will keep it on semi-civilized pavement. No loose stone (I think it's all packed in from this summer anyway). The last outing used state rts very little-jumped on to get to another county road.

Tallied 225 miles for me last trip around the neihborhood

This is more cruiser outing and rubber necking. Heck, I think Dave wants to do videos and burn a DVD (he likes the barns and such). City slickers...

So sing out and we are a go. Rain? I dunno what weather be doin' Sunday? My bike don't like wet! It just goes straight and I keep yelling at it to turn. So no rain date...gimme yer thoughts on contact procedure morning of if there is bad weather.

Save Southern Ohio as a back up for next weekend, if the leaves are holdin' out longer? I'm not as familiar with the area as here at Holmsie, Co-knockton, Knox and problee Licking. Thanks, nochnstrps for the suggestion.

I'm closer to 83 than 60, that's the only reason I ask... I've ridden both. I dunno how close you are lilcarbs to 83 vs. 60... if 60 is easier for you, we'll do that.

Assuming I make it - that's a big 'if'.

Im in unless it raining. 60 and 62 is close to millersburg just past speedway on 83 make a right on 62 a few miles. If anyone wants to meet up from neo post up if not Ill be solo.

I'm back. JRMMiii. SR83 comes thru Millersburg and splits off just south headed to Co-Knockton. USR62 goes right at that split. You would be following USR62 which came in at the square in Mlbg. USR62 intersects with SR60. Utica, Martinsburg 45 miles + or - from that intersection. Ya can't miss to meet point. It is at the second largest metro area in Holmes Co.!!

Kawi-just a quik blast up 541 and then to Utica-or hang out in Martinsburg. Or just blast up SR83 and meet in Killbuckia! What 10 minutes from Co-knockton right? Remember how to get threr right?

Alternate time of 11AM lets Cleveland and other points north sleep in (and temp come up a bit). I will meet the foolhardy northern Yankees at intersection of 62 and 60 at 10AM. KAWI: You could do a secondary meet up with JRMMiii/Unk Punk at Riverview. PM those two re: Plan B.

I'm sitting in agreement with NO GO in rain. Check in via phones? I mean it's Ohio. I've looked out the back window at sun and walked out the front door into rain! Why have boring temperate climates and sun all day long!?? 52 ain't bad. December's issue of Fast Bikes will havea free beenie. Go to a book store and get the mag and yer free hat. It'll have acute lil' tag with Fast Bikes on it-start a cult thing!

Wha-dd I miss?....I'll go back and read thru. Oh Yeah, From Columbus USR62 - I usually take 161 (think Iron Pony location and head east on 161). There is a detour because of College road (?)... get off at New Albany first exit (Bob Evans on right, Wendy's and Hortons a lil' farther down. Just to give you a visual on being on right road. You'll go left and then quik right at light. Should be easy to follow from there. However-mind yer speed on the new section from 270 split and thru New Albany. The detour ... You'll go thru the office campus then out into rural lane and then thru the neighborhood (one real nice S turn) and then pop back out onto USR62

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

JRMMiii-take an extra pair of socks - I ain't sure the beemer guys will share (if they don't whimp out too). Oh, extra sock-uh saw yer comment-so you know where to wear the second set. Kinda liking that BMW cigarette lighter hook up on the dash. Plug in yer gear right? K1300S has heated grips and such-plus (here comes JRMMiii and Sam -saw an article that put it with the Busa in performance) HOO-HA, Top speed and creature comforts (optional shift kit) Electronic suspension adjustment-two up? Push a button. Oh wait-where's that BMW string at again?

I'm cranked for Sunday. Rain, Rain, go away. Halloween, so I'll be able to scare the littl beggars and get candy for us. It's great! They drop their S*#T on the porch and run. I love Halloween. Now if I could only nab that Santie guy at Xmas!

I'll PM cell # - just remember it's the sticks here-cell phones and radios don't always work. TV and car radios even are at a loss in some locales. Riders can ya hear the banjos yet?