Possible Leaf Tour-Sunday

Unk Greg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday AM....7AM and it's JRMMiii's optimum 52 *, but with the wind driven rain. Noon, it's less than JRMMiii's quoted temp. It's 50*, but that rain looked a lot like snow!! I looked again-thermo says 50*, but ole weather station said 70 % humidity-uh, it's raining-ain't that like 100 per cent?

Mother Nature is getting junk out of it's system so tomorrow will be great. Right?

Active road report iz: 3PM, 54* and pavement is dry in spots with partly sunny skies. Dressed lightly and felt cool, but comfortable, but it was only 10 miles.

Would expect that the 'shaded' spots on hills will still be damp thru the day (even if sunny). Not much left on leafy things. Since rain and wind last nite.

So call me in AM bright and early re: Rain and it is simply a NO GO!

Okie Dokie Smokie.

As it stands right now: 10AM meeting at USR62 and SR60 intersection, for Cleveland area folks. 11AM at Martinsburg USR62, SR541 and SR586 crossroads at the gas station/post office for Columbus and outer Ohio.

Rain (or Snow) and it's go back to sleep or whatever as, WE AIN'T GONNA DO IT.

Calls will be in early AM for travel from afar re: GO or NO GO. For those who's number's I got!

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Rechecked the weather and it is going to be cold.

37 degrees at 9am is cold enough to make a three or four hour ride pretty miserable unless you have full winter gear, which I don't.

An extra 10 degrees would make a world of difference.

I'm thinking I will miss this one.

Looks like I caught everyone before they headed out. I went out and poked around for about four hours or so anyway. 3PM it got up to 50*. Sunny all day long.

Picture taking for the most part today. With leaves gone you can see thru the turns better.

I was with two Harley guys for a bit of time in each direction. First one didn't last long. Sportster I think, and he had his 'Carhart' jacket, a matching, in color, stocking cap and glasses. No windscreen and bare face. 12 miles I think before he quit. Second guy full dresser and polo helmet. I think he said he was from Centerburg or Circleville. I ain't sure. He putted along a nice pace.

Dusk I went out again, but only 20 miles out and then turned around....too many deer.