Anyone know a good Lawyer

Big Chief201

you mean you dont have to do the roadside test?

There are a LOT of articles written about roadside sobriety tests, in Ohio you shouldn't agree to it if you're drunk.

Refusal to field sobriety is a guaranteed suspension of 1 year but the potential for no dui. You must take the sobriety test at the station... so best case on refusal is a suspension... worst case is dui.

I'm not a lawyer.

they will prolly drop the speed if he pleas to the ovi. if its his first he'll get 3 days in jail and have to take a class for credit for 3 more days.

just to correct this...its 3 days in jail OR take the class...for first offense...any offense after that the class is mandatory, along with jail time...but for first offense you dont have to do both, just one or the other

i would go with a local lawyer also , he will have the best chance that way , and it depends on what judge you draw for sentencing . I got romanoff in franklin county for my first offence and got state max which was 3 day rehab, 10 day in jail and a 2500 fine and lost my license for 3 years . And the bullshit of the matter was i wasnt even driving had been home for 3 hours drinking and was sitting on the car out back of my house with some chick , keys in the ignition and window down radio going

fucking grandview sucks . but im not salty lol

Edited by skulls

you mean you dont have to do the roadside test?

No. If you think you might be over the legal limit, respectably decline taking any sobriety tests. They will threaten you saying you're going to lose your license and you'll go to jail. It isn't entirely true. If you blow over the limit, you're going to jail until someone bails you out. If you refuse, same thing. If you refuse, you will lose your license for 1yr. However, you will almost definitely get work privileges. So yeah, that might suck, but a DUI never hits your record. Dealing with work privileges is definitely worth not having a DUI on your record.

lol, not much a lawyer is going to be able to do, especially if he submitted to the test roadside.

^ I respectfully disagree.

cops rarely administer the roadside tests properly, thus a good lawyer has an excellent chance of having a 'motion to suppress' granted.

furthermore, a LOT of people get DUI's and then hire the cheapest lawyer they can find. A $2900 lawyer isn't going to defend you as well as a $4000 lawyer.

Prosecutors know the lawyers in the area. If you hire a lawyer who has a reputation for actually FIGHTING a DUI rather than simply settling it, and your lawyer is respected in the legal community, the prosecution probably isn't going to waste their time fighting a case they might lose, when there are 200 other people who got a DUI this month that they can easily convict.

My 'alumni mentor' specializes in OVI defense. PM sent.

Remember though, if you don't get the DUI, you don't get to have those cool yellow plates.

So, if you want the plates, blow.

lol - my cousin honked and waved at a guy with the party plates once while i was in the truck with him. the guy flipped us off. then my cousin reached into his back seat and pulled out the yellow tags that were supposed to be on his truck. The other guy just started laughing.

there have been rumblings about doing away with the 'party plates' over the last couple years. I haven't researched it, but I can't believe it hasn't been challenged more strongly on constitutional grounds. I suppose there is no "right to drive a car," but the party plates pretty much act as a standing warrant... they can stop you for no reason, search your car with no probable cause, and I believe they can breathalize you with no outward indication that you've been drinking; and then 'underage' rules apply. If you blow .001, that's another DUI.

lol - my cousin honked and waved at a guy with the party plates once while i was in the truck with him. the guy flipped us off. then my cousin reached into his back seat and pulled out the yellow tags that were supposed to be on his truck. The other guy just started laughing.

there have been rumblings about doing away with the 'party plates' over the last couple years. I haven't researched it, but I can't believe it hasn't been challenged more strongly on constitutional grounds. I suppose there is no "right to drive a car," but the party plates pretty much act as a standing warrant... they can stop you for no reason, search your car with no probable cause, and I believe they can breathalize you with no outward indication that you've been drinking; and then 'underage' rules apply. If you blow .001, that's another DUI.

Oh, I don't know, it gives me a warm feeling to see the "party plates" on a bmw or benz. They can't get rid of them until I get a chance to see a set on a smart car. :D