Free Burritos?

jporter12

i get alot of free one from Qdoba. every 10th is free plus the ecoupons they send me.

http://www.qdoba.com/Qcard.aspx

Still never been there. Keep meaning to try it out.

FOr the record, I know to go to the Chipotle in Gahanna at Stoneridge when they do a promo like this! I went to the the Maxtown Rd. location, line was halfway across the parking lot, then the State St location (Just south of Schrock) and there were as many, if not more in line. Stoneridge, the was almost NO line! And they were jut getting people in and out that fast!

I don't understand how this place is still in business. the food is good but it's not like you have a selection of different stuff.:dunno:

just the very basic toppings etc. and the price now...holy shit. $7 for a burrito?

Yeah but the burritos are the size of an elephant turd.

I don't understand how this place is still in business. the food is good but it's not like you have a selection of different stuff.:dunno:

just the very basic toppings etc. and the price now...holy shit. $7 for a burrito?

For the amount of food you get at the price you pay, it's a STEAL! If you go to any fast food place and get anything other than stuff off the dollar menu (in which case, you either go away hungry, or spend too many dollars) you will nearly as much, if not more. For me to go to Arby's is around $10. Sure, I don't need to eat that much, and probably shouldn't, but I can, and I do!

Basic toppings? That's what I like the best! They are basic, and fresh! They make the Guacomole in each store, everyday. I think the simplistic approach is what I like best about chipotle!

/rant

I'm getting hungry now......

+1. I can get all-you-can-eat pizza for < $7. For $7, I don't think I'd walk away from Taco Bell hungry - and still have food left over. There's a lot of other food places where you'd get more 'value' or $7. Don't get me wrong, Chipotle is good, but I don't think you're getting a deal, especially since it doesn't fill me up. Then again, I can pound two subs from Subway and be slightly full (yes, I am a glutton).

And the margins on food that basically has all the same ingredients has to be ridiculous.

Plus you have to factor in the costs of all the "Chipotle-away" you have to buy to save your underwear.

+1. I can get all-you-can-eat pizza for < $7. For $7, I don't think I'd walk away from Taco Bell hungry - and still have food left over. There's a lot of other food places where you'd get more 'value' or $7. Don't get me wrong, Chipotle is good, but I don't think you're getting a deal, especially since it doesn't fill me up. Then again, I can pound two subs from Subway and be slightly full (yes, I am a glutton).

And the margins on food that basically has all the same ingredients has to be ridiculous.

Plus you have to factor in the costs of all the "Chipotle-away" you have to buy to save your underwear.

Holy cow man! 2 Subway subs? Glutton? Uh, something like that! For $7 at Taco Bell, I'd be borderline getting full, not to mention, I would need something stronger than "Chipotle - away" to clean my underwear after eating that much from Taco Bell.

I agree with you that the margins have to be ridiculous. At least I don't see their good food going away very fast, with the margins they have to be taking in, and the popularity of their product!

like most fast food places, chipotle makes their highest margins on the drink.

let's see... $1.79 for a cup that costs a dime, and liquid that costs them a nickel (maybe less).

if you want to look at the burrito, the produce can get expensive, but in the quantities they buy, I'm sure they have that figured out. Then you're talking about the meat alone - figure $5 for your helping of chicken, and then $2 for 'everything else,' and it's still not a losing proposition.

and Chipotle doesn't exactly employ geniuses. I've never had terrible service, but I almost always see no more than 8 employees: 2 who are clearly in charge, and 6 who look like they'd chase a butterfly.