bought a bike... cant transfer title!

Jcroz91

so i bought my k7 gsxr a few weeks back. havnt had a lot of time with working and school both full time to get the title changed over. the guy just signed the title and gave it to me. but i looked at it a couple days ago and the notory is expired now. so the people say we need to get a whole new title and start over. but the punk a$$ wont answer my calls or texts and he lives out in dayton!!! so now ill have a leagle bike untill june and when the tags expire that he left on it im shit outa luck!!!

but his address is on the title :rolleyes:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those tags aren't legal if they aren't yours. Just saying.

I don't understand "notory is expired now".. please explain. My commission expires on 07/23/12' date=' but I would think if I notarized something before that date the document would still be valid.[/quote']

is says next to the notory... expires- oct 20th 2009. and i bought it on like the 19th or something. my moms a notory.

i called the BMV title agency downtown and they said i have to get a whole new title and have him sign it back over to me and all that. but if he doesnt answer my calls theres nothing i can do.

but another bmv told me that "as long as the date that he signed it was while the notory was still valid then i should be good to go".

Edited by Jcroz91

i dont think the stamp expired i think it was that it only gives you a certain amount of time to transfer the title. cause what if dude signed it and lost it and someone found it 3 months later? i would think it would have to have some kind of expiration on the transfer itself.

Right. That's what I said. Go to that particular BMV and keep your mouth shut. Hand them the title' date=' let them know you need to transfer it and keep your mouth shut. Play stupid and don't point out the date on the notary stamp.

I know what I'm talking about.[/quote']

+1,000,000 ← thats one million

Right. That's what I said. Go to that particular BMV and keep your mouth shut. Hand them the title' date=' let them know you need to transfer it and keep your mouth shut. Play stupid and don't point out the date on the notary stamp.

yeah but the bmv that told me that wasnt a title agency. they cant swap titles.

Nope. You pay the $5 fee for transferring after 30 days. I've waited almost 6 months to transfer titles before. You just have to pay the late fee. No explanation is warranted to any fat fuck behind the counter. Take cash or check.

Get in' date=' get out, get up on one, Son![/quote']

ohh hopfully thats what it is. they prob just means ill have to pay that fee. which i dont mind.

i dont feel like driving out to dayton and causing hell with this kid.

Right.

Nope. You pay the $5 fee for transferring after 30 days. I've waited almost 6 months to transfer titles before. You just have to pay the late fee. No explanation is warranted to any fat fuck behind the counter. Take cash or check.

Get in' date=' get out, get up on one, Son![/quote']

Right.

Go to that particular BMV and keep your mouth shut. Hand them the title' date=' let them know you need to transfer it and keep your mouth shut. Play stupid and don't point out the date on the notary stamp.

.[/quote']

do just what he said

Hey, not to cloud the issue, but you don't transfer a title at the BMV. you only get your plates and your license there. You transfer a title at the title office of the County you live in. Point is, the title office will/ should accept the title with a date of notarizarion one day before the notary would have expired. Never ask a BMV person a title transfer question. Some BMV's are reasonably intelligent about their own policies and some are quite inept. I know from experience. Point is, if the title is notarized, it's transferrable. You are not allowed to operate on tags of the former owner, regardless of the title transfer. Also, you will pay a minor late fee for transferring past 30 days.

not to pile even more shit on, a BMV CAN also be a title agency... the one by me is both... but from my past experiences I found there's only 1-3 title agencies in a county

Huh, NOOO, a title office is a office of the clerk of the Court of Common Pleas. The BMV is a State agency. It may be a "one-stop shop" which is what you are referring to, and in some cases also contains an exam station, Butt, they are two seperate agencies. Again, the BMV is not the all encompassing place to go for title questions, that was my point.

Sorry bud, but you may be mistaken here

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/county/77.htm

Location offers one-stop shopping services with the Deputy Registrar License Agency and County Clerk of Courts Title Office.

Look at the Northfield location... and no, not a same building different office case, I can take a picture for you sometime, but I feel that may be overkill

not to pile even more shit on, a BMV CAN also be a title agency... the one by me is both... but from my past experiences I found there's only 1-3 title agencies in a county

SOME Deputy Registrar offices will handle the work of getting the title to the Title office for you.

Two locations in Licking county have both a title office, and Deputy Registrar offices at the same location, but neighboring offices. One location is also the OSP exam office, which makes it REALLY convenient. When I got the Ninja, took the title in, got plates, and took the temp permit test all at the same time! I think it took me something like 20 minutes for it all! :eek: It's odd to find that sort of speed in those offices, it was the end of the day, and what must've been a slow day to begin with....