good deal for someone

Hoblick

How do you guys convince the wife (if you have one) that getting a second bike doesn't make me a greedy selfish bike buying addict?

I want this. I can afford this. I'm sure I can fix this. She will make my life a living hell if I come home with this even if I am sure I can resell and make money on it in the future.

How do you guys convince the wife (if you have one) that getting a second bike doesn't make me a greedy selfish bike buying addict?

I've had multiple bikes multiple times. I used the "shoe" excuse, and it works every time.

I want this. I can afford this. I'm sure I can fix this. She will make my life a living hell if I come home with this even if I am sure I can resell and make money on it in the future.

Then grow a sack and go buy it - before some other real man does.

Besides, its much easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Chesterville, Ohio? You gotta have a barn, right?

bikes.JPG

Need I say more? Buy it, fix it, ride it, sell it, prof it!

I have a pair, swinging.

Ok, ok.... Actually, when I bought the second bike, it was so that SHE has the old (actually newer) one to ride.

Grow a pair and go for it.

Anybody want to buy a VF500? :D

(Could be as small as a spark pug or fuze.)

Whats a pug or fuze?:)

A dog and a cell phone :)

As for convincing the wife, I was trying to go with the "one would be yours" but she called bullshit, I can't use shoes because she has about 5 pairs.... so I'm fucked.

Chesterville, Ohio? You gotta have a barn, right?

Hmm, as a matter of fact, I do!

If it is still available friday, I will at least go look at it. I suppose I could always see if he is interested in a trade for something (usually a gun).

That way it is just trading a toy for another toy.

A dog and a cell phone :)

As for convincing the wife, I was trying to go with the "one would be yours" but she called bullshit, I can't use shoes because she has about 5 pairs.... so I'm fucked.

If you buy my car then I'll have the extra room in the garage and you can keep it here so she doesn't have to know :D

If you're going to meet this guy you should make sure to bring a gun....

Because something sounds fishy? Or to see if he wants to trade?

I am just thinking that if I can trade a $500 gun for a $700 bike, we may just both come out ahead. I may have something tucked away in a paddle holster too, just to make myself a little more comfortable.

Any negative "vibes" and I just walk away from it.

Because something sounds fishy? Or to see if he wants to trade?

I am just thinking that if I can trade a $500 gun for a $700 bike, we may just both come out ahead. I may have something tucked away in a paddle holster too, just to make myself a little more comfortable.

Any negative "vibes" and I just walk away from it.

It seems fishy... that and you should always be carrying :) You're right on getting a deal though, just be careful, given the spelling and issues I'd assume he's under 21

• 2 weeks later...
Got it... and after some contact cleaner, dielectric grease and a 30amp fuse it's running:metal:

Got a fuel leak somewhere? Tracking that down now...

If you don't mind, how much did you end up paying for it? I kept trying to get him to respond with no luck.