guess what!!!

cbrjess0815

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a note: top scores in advanced classes can get a extra stripe coming out of the school. They don't tell you that, heheh. Money, it's a good thing. I got E-2 in basic, and I picked up both E-3 and E-4 in school with only a total of 4 months in the Army. A little unusual, but I wasn't complaining.

I'm betting they still do that, give promotions for best students. So stay with it.

Since I am National Guard I was instantly shot down for the prmotions so I will have to earn all of mine the hard way.... but i will be going active pretty much immediately as i will most likely deploy as soon as i get done with AIT and get a tour done right off the bat before i try to go back to school full timee

Since I am National Guard I was instantly shot down for the prmotions so I will have to earn all of mine the hard way.... but i will be going active pretty much immediately as i will most likely deploy as soon as i get done with AIT and get a tour done right off the bat before i try to go back to school full timee
Do you know if you are deploying yet? You should already know what NG unit you are going to and should be able to check their rotational schedule to see if they are set to deploy. Do you want to go to the sandbox?
Congrats Jess. Enjoy it. Because when you are done and out you WILL miss it.

Yes you will. Something to think about though. If you go active, stay in for 20 years you could retire. Then get a DOD civilian job, do 20 more years and get a second pension. If I'd have done the I could gotten one pension at 38 and a second at 58. But there were other circumstances... But the active army is MUCH different than the NG. If you want to go active you need to do it before the NG corrupts you, and it will. I saw it first hand.

I wasn't Army though. We actually did stuff. :D

Tsk tsk tsk, yeah right. :lol:

well, i just got settled in here at Ft Gordon.. its sooo diferent from Ft Jackson. And the DFAC food is sooooooooooo much better. and drinkings coffee again makes me super happy. Its raining and cold down here though... oh well I'm so happy to have my laptop and phone again!

My friend is in my unit back home and he said I should expect to deploy when I get back sometime next year. Deployment is already factored into my plans because I want to go back to school, but I want to deploy first so that I can have that money when I go to school so i dont have to work while im at UC fulltime for the first year or so

:lol:

one of my best friends just got over there about a month ago and he's staying super busy but says its not that bad. I'm pretty adaptable to situations so I really dont think a deployment would be that bad for me.. BCT made me want to do infantry stuff lol... but im just gonna be a commo private for awhile so i wouldnt be doing anything exciting anyway... probably radio log duty at all hours of the night..

:lol:

one of my best friends just got over there about a month ago and he's staying super busy but says its not that bad. I'm pretty adaptable to situations so I really dont think a deployment would be that bad for me.. BCT made me want to do infantry stuff lol... but im just gonna be a commo private for awhile so i wouldnt be doing anything exciting anyway... probably radio log duty at all hours of the night..

even the infantry isnt doing infantry stuff over here. actually, commo guys are come of the busiest. everyone needs their laptops, SVOIP phones, radio fills, and all sorts of secret stuff that gets changed a lot. i make sure to be extra nice to commo :D

what unit were you with at jackson?

Edited by Benyen Soljax

haha good to know!!! I just found out im going to be in reception until after winter exodus because they dont want to start signal classes again until after the break. so i'm going to be sitting on my ass in phase IV for 4 weeks before ttraining is even going to start.. FML...

What is your MOS Benyen?

haha good to know!!! I just found out im going to be in reception until after winter exodus because they dont want to start signal classes again until after the break. so i'm going to be sitting on my ass in phase IV for 4 weeks before ttraining is even going to start.. FML...

What is your MOS Benyen?

37F Psychological Operations. when i got to AIT at bragg, we had our phones for about a minute before they made us realize our AIT was not like college, as some of the DS's at jackson had informed us. we got to use those on weekends starting like week 4 or so of AIT.

actually, we just had the 1-64 battalion from 3ID replace the infantry guys that were here when we got here. i believe they are also from fort gordon.

haha nice... Ft gordon seems very laid back and relaxed.. at least during personal time. It might change when I actually start training though... Hell i dunno what to expect. I havent done shit all day today.. I guess I better run down to the DFAC and get some food before I try to figure out when formation is lol...