guess what!!!

cbrjess0815

haha nice... Ft gordon seems very laid back and relaxed.. at least during personal time. It might change when I actually start training though... Hell i dunno what to expect. I havent done shit all day today.. I guess I better run down to the DFAC and get some food before I try to figure out when formation is lol...

sounds like the N.G. is treating you right then :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah our commo guys were always really busy in Iraq. Fixing SINCGARS, ICOMS, COMMSEC...those guys were always working around the clock it seemed like. Not to mention having to share certain duties like tower guard and all that. If you go to Iraq it really shouldn't be all that bad, it wasn't when I was there in 05. It's set up pretty well over ther now. Just remember to become good friends with your cooks, mechanics and supply. :D

Still using SINCGARS??? Thought those would be gone by now.

sort of, we have the ASIPS (advanced sincgars improvement program) which is like half the size of sincgars, but it fits in the same vehicle mount and operates identically. we also have the harris radio (jack of all trades, usually for commo with air support), the rockwell (used for satcom), and the MBITR.

It's set up pretty well over ther now. Just remember to become good friends with your cooks, mechanics and supply.

food is all contracted and base security is contracted too. mechanics are the biggest trouble, theyre never happy.

sort of, we have the ASIPS (advanced sincgars improvement program) which is like half the size of sincgars, but it fits in the same vehicle mount and operates identically. we also have the harris radio (jack of all trades, usually for commo with air support), the rockwell (used for satcom), and the MBITR.

food is all contracted and base security is contracted too. mechanics are the biggest trouble, theyre never happy.

I saw a couple of those ASIPS, didn't know that's what they were called. They looked pretty slick. No contracted FOB security but we had contracted cooks, but out on multiple day missions, our cooks went out too. If you pissed them off, you didn't eat. :D And I was a mechanic so we always worked out drug deals with them, fix their stuff and got free food, energy drinks. Scouts and mortarmen used to hate us stateside but over there they realized that if they didn't treat us right they had to walk, and they didn't like that so they got on our good side.