Lug nut seized? Use a sawzall!!

Casper

Awesome. I feel his pain though. I've been that frustrated before when working on a car, but I had the restraint to back up, calm down and think through the problem resulting in no saw-zall.

A little cheba-cheba helps in that situation too....:D

Edited by max power

thats a lot harder to do with 5 spoke 03/04 cobra wheels...ask me how i know...my lugnut was seized and i tried everything, that was my last resort too...i know where this guy is coming from

:rolleyes:...not really, what a fucking moron

I was about to say I was going to smack you when we met up this week. :lol:

When I was still working, I had a BMW customer who locked his keys in his car for the 3rd time, so he just drilled out his lock cylinder to get into the car. BMW picked up the tab to replace his lock cylinder the first two times, but he got pissed when we wouldn't cover the cost a third time.

How do people seriously think ideas like these are the best and/or on thing they can do?

I never did like the idea of a threaded bolt lug that is recessed into the rim like that as compared to a threaded stud and a lug nut, but damn. There had to have been a better way. When things get that bad and I've tried everything, I just admit defeat and drive it to a shop. I'd rather pay someone else to deal with it than cut my rim apart.

We had one that got torched off not long ago, on a Jeep. It was cheaper to cut it out and replace the wheel with a used one than to go through the labor involved with pulling it all apart to get at it from the back, or drilling. That stuff takes some time, and a wheel for it was cheap.

Also, the comment he made about an easy out or drill being made of brass? What an idiot! He can a metal that much softer cut through steel? Duh!!!

I was wondering the same thing. There's no way any company would ever make an easy out from brass. It doesn't make sense, like you said its softer, and brass is also more expensive than steel.

When I was still working, I had a BMW customer who locked his keys in his car for the 3rd time, so he just drilled out his lock cylinder to get into the car. BMW picked up the tab to replace his lock cylinder the first two times, but he got pissed when we wouldn't cover the cost a third time.

How do people seriously think ideas like these are the best and/or on thing they can do?

Why the hell did you pick up the tab the first two times?

That's kinda encouraging the morons right?

Why the hell did you pick up the tab the first two times?

That's kinda encouraging the morons right?

Because BMW is retarded. They help people that don't deserve it, and forget people who really could use help. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets what, or who does and or doesn't get help. That is the one thing about that job that I don't miss at all.

tire shop didn't want to help him? umm...go to another damn shop then.

at the shop i worked at, we had this nice little kit that was for this exact problem or when the owners didn't know where they put the lug key. it had internal and external ez-outs that were impact grade.

The thing is, he took great photos of each step as if he was doing the smart thing! Funny how someone can have something in their head and the reality is completely the opposite.

Kinda like making out with mj. In your mind it's going great, but in reality it's completely different.;):p:D