Open carry?

max power

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like having to go through the CCW permitting process to exercise our rights. On the flip side, should any nutjob be allowed to openly carry a weapon? That is why many SMART LEO's MAY simply question somone openly carrying, unless they're being a retard about it, and flaunting the weapon. If everyone was to OC, it would be commonplace, and this discussion would not be happening.

I guess what it all boils down to is the FEAR that anti-gun groups have instilled in the general public. I'm sure you've heard and probably said this one before (many times): Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. The gun is just the tool they used to do it. Maybe carpenters and framers shouldn't carry their hammers on their belt anymore, as a hammer could easily kill someone, with a person on the handle end of it...

I've switched to punting Honduhs, they're easier to catch than puppies...

I see Suzuki boy, I think you meant you have a hard time catching a glimpse of my taillights!

Now mind your liberal manners, sit down, shut up and learn something.

There might be hope for your poor lost liberal soul if you weren't so brain dead. You just haven't been exposed to the truth enough to get things through your thick skull.

Now mind your liberal manners, sit down, shut up and learn something.

There might be hope for your poor lost liberal soul if you weren't so brain dead. You just haven't been exposed to the truth enough to get things through your thick skull.

That's the problem I think... I've been indoctrinated. :eek: Too many years of 'liberal college education' in the math/engineering/business fields.

That's the problem I think... I've been indoctrinated. :eek: Too many years of 'liberal college education' in the math/engineering/business fields.

Are you saying my assessment of your skewed views is wrong? That is why I'm so disappointed in you, you have had all the opportunity in the world to see the light but choose not to. I am hoping it's just youth that’s holding you back. It's either that or you were molested by some liberal and liked it.

I don't think we should have ANY gun laws. Swift, sure, unrelenting consequences for causing harm to others should suffice.

Prohibiting someone from carrying on your personal property is not what I would consider to be a gun law. Everyone should have the right to deny access of their property from whomever they choose.

Gun laws turn people into criminals who otherwise are not so inclined. If I were to carry a gun hidden to protect myself, I am not a threat to you or anyone else who doesn’t intend to cause me harm. Prohibition turned people into criminals who were law abiding one day, not the next then upstanding citizens again. Grandpa making beer in his bathtub should not have been made out to be a criminal.

The argument is that by outlawing guns outright, you can easily identify someone breaking the law... if they have a gun they are a criminal.

Where this fails is: to what extent do you find criminals? Random searches, stop everyone walking down the street? Now what about a baseball bat? If noone has a gun, then a baseball bat is a 100% advantage, so is outlawing bats next? (yes if you use UK as an example)

So now let's take it back a step, if you require license to carry concealed you can say "anyone carrying a weapon concealed should be treated like a criminal until their license status is checked"... again, only has a negative impact on NON-criminals.

That being said, we come back to the main point, concealed is concealed. Open carry means, until the public opinion changes, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Who in the hell do you think you are trying to keep a thread on topic.

Eliminate all gun laws is a simple solution. If I have caused no harm or endangered anyone I am not a criminal by possessing a tool.

I DEMAND JUSTICE!

lol, you're right, you are not a criminal, but guns are criminalized in the minds of many americans (rightfully or not) so anyone with a gun is a bad guy, unless they have a badge of course.

The idiotic mindset of anti-2A people is, "If you just outlawed all guns then it'd be easy, if someone has a gun they are a bad guy".. neglecting they are so ignorant to think 100% gun control works.

Those same people will stare you in the face and say they are ok sacrificing some rights so they can FEEL safer. "So you'd let a LEO come search your home for weapons?" YES!

Guess what? Those people deserve no freedoms or liberties, "those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"...

At a wedding recently I was asked if I was carrying, my response was simple "that's none of your business", the person persisted and I persisted in my unwillingness to answer. When that person left the room and I was talking to someone else and had said "no, I'm not..." I was quickly faced with a "THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY SO?"

Because it's simple, liberties and freedoms are there to be exercised, not just when you're guilty. "Pleading the 5th" has been criminalized, but guess what, if the only people pleading the 5th are people that have something to hide then the 5th amendment becomes a criminal shelter and then we lose it.

All things considered, I'll exercise my rights, I'll follow the law, and I'll comply with LEO... but if an LEO asks me "did you murder so-and-so" out of the blue, my answer will be a resounding "Are you charging me with any crimes? If so I'll exercise my right to remain silent and my right to an attorney" ... for those who say "you didn't do anything you have nothing to hide" I encourage you to watch the video "never talk to the police"