* Sunday, April 25 (2pm - 8pm)

* Thursday, May 20 (Max-Time Twilight)

* Monday, June 7

* Tuesday, June 8

* Saturday, June 12 (Max-Time Twilight)

* Monday, June 28

* Tuesday, June 29

* Saturday, July 3 (Max-time Twilight)

* Thursday, July 15 (Max-Time Full Day incl. Experts)

* Monday, July 19

* Tuesday, July 20

* Saturday, August 21 (Max-Time Twilight)

* Monday, September 6

* Tuesday, September 7

* Saturday, September 18 (Max-Time Twilight)

* Monday, September 27

* Tuesday, September 28

*More dates to be added

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

^ only the worst org in the world would let you out on track without someone keeping an eye on you.

NESBA is the most "hands-off" org i've ridden with, but trust me, they're not ignoring you.

In novice, there is almost no such thing as "open track time." The difference you'll encounter is that some orgs will start you off really really slow, and control what you're allowed to do by saying "no passing coaches - no passing within your 'group.'" That's how STT runs things.

the opposite approach is the orgs who say, "no passing for the first 2 laps. let's go out and see what everyone can do, and then we'll work with the people who need the most help." that's how NESBA runs things.

I would say that the STT approach is better for people who are more timid about riding, but the NESBA approach allows you to improve more quickly, because it's 100% 1-on-1 instruction, instead of waiting for hte slowest person in your group.

I'm already booked for June 28 & 29 at Mid-O. will likely add more dates as I gather cash - just booked that because a friend of mine will be in town, and we're pitting together.

^ only the worst org in the world would let you out on track without someone keeping an eye on you.

NESBA is the most "hands-off" org i've ridden with, but trust me, they're not ignoring you.

In novice, there is almost no such thing as "open track time." The difference you'll encounter is that some orgs will start you off really really slow, and control what you're allowed to do by saying "no passing coaches - no passing within your 'group.'" That's how STT runs things.

the opposite approach is the orgs who say, "no passing for the first 2 laps. let's go out and see what everyone can do, and then we'll work with the people who need the most help." that's how NESBA runs things.

I would say that the STT approach is better for people who are more timid about riding, but the NESBA approach allows you to improve more quickly, because it's 100% 1-on-1 instruction, instead of waiting for hte slowest person in your group.

I'm already booked for June 28 & 29 at Mid-O. will likely add more dates as I gather cash - just booked that because a friend of mine will be in town, and we're pitting together.

Thanks for the clarification, I'm looking to start track days this summer too. So is Mid-O NESBA or STT?

If you havnt been on a track before PLEASE! make sure you start in at the novice level. You will still ride fast, but its much safer for everyone.

yes! i was so dumbfounded by the wide range of skill in intermediate from people who think they are good enough to ride, its downright scary! so glad i got the bump to A group.

on a sad note, not sure if i'll be riding at all this coming season :(

mid oh is mid oh. they run their own show now from what i understand.

I heard a rumor that the guys from Apex2Apex were running Mid-O's events, but like I said, that was just a rumor. It is definitely still billed through Mid-Ohio directly.

Sooooo when/where are STT events vs NESBA events?

NESBA is at BeaveRun almost twice a month, and has ridden Nelson Ledges twice a year for the past two years at least.

STT will have Grattan, Gingerman, Bluegrass(?) and does a couple events at BeaveRun as well.

Without Mid-Ohio though, my STT membership will only be used for Bluegrass, so until that track is done, I'm likely holding off on them this year.

I try to plan my season based on the TRACKS i want to ride, and then look at the org(s) that fit it best.

within reasonable distance of Ohio, you've got:

- Nelson Ledges (NESBA, Fasttrax)

- BeaveRun (NESBA, STT, TPM, Apex2Apex, a few dealerships)

- Mid Ohio (A2A?)

- Putnam Park (NESBA, STT - more?)

- Grattan (STT, A2A - more?)

- Gingerman (STT, NESBA, A2A - more?)

- BlueGrass (STT)

and maybe others i'm forgetting or don't know about.