Looking for a great dog? Save this one.

Casper

so my wife was browsing pet finder and there's a yellow lab / german shephard mix dog about 1-2 years old that it slated to be euthanized in the begining of December. We decided to bring him home for the day just to get to know him a little and post him on here to see if anyone was interested.

he is a very smart and calm dog. he does seem to be a little timid though. but I don't think the dog has a vicious bone in his body.... We don't think he was allowed in the house because he seemed very hesitant when we tried to bring him in from outside.

Addoption fees are 125. We have been considering getting him ourselves, but we won't have a place to keep him until we close on our house and that is putting us past D-Day for him. I know he could make a very good addition to your family and maybe a great christmas present.

dawson1.jpg

dawson2.jpg

dawson3.jpg

Please contact me ASAP or the Morrow County Dog Shelter at 419-946-1747

We will have him until tomorrow (Nov 30th) and then he will be back at the pound.

I really wish we could, but we already have two. Someone save this guy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What all comes with adoption fees? Is he tagged and all that good stuff? Had all of his shots and fixed? I need a good dog... So he is not house trained?

He's house broken, crate trained, etc. The adoption is from the Morrow County Dog Shelter, so I'm pretty sure that includes all shots, tags, etc. Just the same as if you'd adopt from the humane society.

Update from Josh:

TTT this guy is awesome! he's crate trained and potty trained... I'm seriously thinking about getting him for my wife for christmas... someone take him off my hands before I get kicked out of where we're staying for having a dog :)

I'm not sure. You'd have to call the dog shelter. Should be somewhere near Mt Vernon, so probably 2.5 - 3 hrs. The guy who has the dog right now lives somewhere in the Cbus area. His name is Josh. If you want, PM me your number and and I'll text it to him.

casper , how long till josh closes on his house and can take the dog ? I could prolly keep it here for him till he closed if it'll get along with my rott and wont be forever. only problem is the getting along thing mine isnt real friendly to most others but she has gotten along with 2 so far

I have some 'mad' money saved up in a jar' date=' inside a mattress, under a rock.. I sent Ben a text. If this pooch is good with our Porter.. I will take him home. I wasn't planning on another dog until next summer, at the earliest, but I can't bear the idea of a good pooch being put down for lack of room/funds/whatevs.[/quote']

aww, you're a softie :)

I'd help 'sponsor' the pup too if needed... keep us updated :) My lease says no dogs, but I'd help someone else take care of it on their property

I have some 'mad' money saved up in a jar' date=' inside a mattress, under a rock.. I sent Ben a text. If this pooch is good with our Porter.. I will take him home. I wasn't planning on another dog until next summer, at the earliest, but I can't bear the idea of a good pooch being put down for lack of room/funds/whatevs.[/quote']

That's awesome man. If there's anything we can do to help let us know.

+1 to you. Thats awesome.

So far' date=' no reply from Ben. I will call the shelter in the morning and if he's still there, I'll make arrangements to come and get him. I appreciate the offers to "sponsor" the pooch, but have zero idea what to ask you guys for. I feel pretty awkward asking for monetary donations, so we'll keep that on the back burner until I hear back from the shelter in the morning.[/quote']

(food, toys, medications, doggsitting) People are willing to help there has got to be something :D