Looking for a good back drop for Car and Bike Pics

DTM Brian

I am looking for some good places to take some pics of the Bike and Z06. Any suggestions for places downtown? I know it is getting cold outside and I should of thought about this when the weather was warmer. Problem is I did not feel like making time for it when I was busy. Now I have all the time in the world.

Discuss.

Urban Active Fitness at Polaris and I-71 is good for bikes. The siding on the building is the key. Get the bike up on the walk. Scope it out, you'll see what I mean. You'll want to use the West side of the building on a socked-in overcast day. And do it after closing on Sunday.

a few places off the top of my head:

-by spaghetti warehouse on broad st.

-nationwide blvd west of neil. down behind the baseball stadium

-corner of front and whittier, there is a brick warehouse looking building with a driveway going down a hill. it is a gravel drive, but you could probably park on teh street and walk down to check it out.

- on indianola at like, i wanna say richards, maybe acton on the east side of the street there is some brick industrial loading dock looking buildings.

- front and liberty in the brewery district. kinda behind CD 101. go west on liberty from front, turn right in the first parking lot and you can drive back behind wasserstrom, CBR etc.

whats up with the phantom half camry there? trying to get jiggy with the clone tool?

That's what I was guessing!

I don't like that loc. At least not the way it's shown there. I like to have the vehicle moving into the frame, not on it's way out, with so much going on with the other (left in this case) side of the picture.

Also, too much pic for the car to be the "star" of the shot.

Im not really a ford guy either, but have done work on a 04 mach 1 and a 04 cobra SVT. God they sound violent............

Yes they do! We did some extensive work on a 04 Cobra Convertible. Full SLP exhaust, headers, pipes, and all, pulley, air intake, solid rear axle swap, after changing gear in the IRS, wheels, GT brakes (to fit drag lite wheels) slicks, I don't remember what all else. It was FAST.

i took the pic myself, but a guy on CR (pdqgp) did some photoshop work on it...heres my original

CIMG1034.jpg

just a cheap point and shoot, not the best pic in the world, but i was happy with it for what it was

and mines not a cobra unfortunately...its just a GT, but its getting a 460ci/c6 drivetrain swap right now and should be pretty fun when its completed

and another since yall seemed to like the first pic

Fognowords.jpg

thats been photoshopped by the same guy...i was nominated as car of the month on a mustang site so i took some pics and he chopped them up a little for me to make them look more professional lol...added fog, cleared up some color, and removed a fire hydrant and mailbox in this pic

Edited by Steve Butters

tbutera.... those pics are SEXY!

That's a beautiful gt you've got.

I'd love to see some pics of a bike using the same rural/barn concept. Might be a nice contrast shot.... ie: shiny cleaned machine .vs. rural middle-of-nowhere haha.