Quad vs. PWC

balaormiga

Ok. Next Spring/Summer I've been debating on purchasing either a quad or a PWC. I haven't selected any specific model. Just getting comments on which to purchase based on avauilable trails/water bodies etc.

Any opinions are welcome..If you have a preferred model shout it out.

pwc's are fun,the two strokes are kinda of a pain to deal with, 2cycle oil and plugs foul out. 4strokes are less work but cost more to buy. I have owned several different skiis and the thing with them is you have to have two to have fun and if your like me my friends trash my shit plus the time available to ride is limited in ohio to about twelve weeks or so, for me I work during the week and have weekends off so that limits me to about 24 days avaliable now out of those days i have stuff around the house to do mow the lawn and what not so that cuts my days down to 12 it usually rains on the days I want to go out so truth be told I have $7500 wrapped up in two pwc's rode them 4 times this year. now I have to winterize them and store them.

On the other hand my raptor I have been to wayne more times than I can count and I ride year round its actually pretty fun in the snow. With just about $3500 in my 4wheeler. It seems bang for your buck you get more frome the quad. I have a friend that is selling an 07 raptor(fuel injected) for like $3500 which is about a grand less than what they go for on craigslist

pwc's are fun,the two strokes are kinda of a pain to deal with, 2cycle oil and plugs foul out. 4strokes are less work but cost more to buy. I have owned several different skiis and the thing with them is you have to have two to have fun and if your like me my friends trash my shit plus the time available to ride is limited in ohio to about twelve weeks or so, for me I work during the week and have weekends off so that limits me to about 24 days avaliable now out of those days i have stuff around the house to do mow the lawn and what not so that cuts my days down to 12 it usually rains on the days I want to go out so truth be told I have $7500 wrapped up in two pwc's rode them 4 times this year. now I have to winterize them and store them.

On the other hand my raptor I have been to wayne more times than I can count and I ride year round its actually pretty fun in the snow. With just about $3500 in my 4wheeler. It seems bang for your buck you get more frome the quad. I have a friend that is selling an 07 raptor(fuel injected) for like $3500 which is about a grand less than what they go for on craigslist

All good points. Being near a lake and not too far from the "country" leaves me in a dilemma. I do believe I would get more use from a quad. However the PWC would allow more of a family outing since you can get ones that seat 3.

youll get more use out of a quad .

+1

Jet skis are only good if you live near the ocean. Riding them on flat water is pretty lame and they can be expensive to maintain.

You can ride a quad year round and the Wayne has great trails and lots of them.

Get a quad.

3 seated jet skis are no good fast but don't turn well. And who eve said I earlier. You have to get 2. Unless you have friends hat have them. I'd get a quad or a dirt bike. Then get stuff to supermoto the dirt bike. ;)

Not to be a follower but buy what your friends have if it doesnt matter which you have. My thoughts are that having either and riding it by yourself aint no fun. For the price of a new PWC you could get 2 nice but used 4 wheelers. One for you and the wife and one for the kid. Sounds like more fun than all packing on one PWC. Thats just me though.

Not to be a follower but buy what your friends have if it doesnt matter which you have. My thoughts are that having either and riding it by yourself aint no fun. For the price of a new PWC you could get 2 nice but used 4 wheelers. One for you and the wife and one for the kid. Sounds like more fun than all packing on one PWC. Thats just me though.

True.. I've thought about that as well. We generally rent quads every year in Costa Rica. We each have our own and it is a blast.

like 20th said. Buy what you can afford to keep yourself entertained.

You can't have just one ski. You can't depend on a buddy to buy one and wanna go riding either. For most toys, you need to be able to entertain your buddies if you want to actually enjoy it with friends. Look at most used toys for sale, 'my buddy sold his XXXX and now I never ride.'

I have a few small dirtbikes and it has been worth every penny to keep them maintained so I can have friends or family over to play.

My vote is for a quad. You can get more use out of one IMO and it's easier to go out solo and have a good time. Unless you live somewhere near a big lake to keep the ski and will get a lot of good use out of it.