Good Movies People Haven't Seen

Cypress

+1 for Grandma's Boy and Idiocracy. I can watch those movies over and over. Idiocracy is going to play out like a documentary after a few more years go by. "Welcome to Costco. I love you."

Endless Summer 2 is one of my faves. It's so peaceful to watch.

Grizzly Man is a great movie. Everybody loves to watch a movie about a crazy guy living with bears and getting eaten in the end. "Sexy, green bandana."

Princess Bride is an awesome classic with great quotes. Thanks to whoever mentioned that. "Have fun storming the castle!"

Finally, to whoever mentioned KIDS (yes I'm too lazy to look back), that movie is FUCKED UP. I remember watching that in college and I think I just stared in disbelief/shock the whole time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The Princess Bride

Perfect for visiting short people over the holidays.

The one liners will leave adults howling!

- A Christmas Story

The classic "Double Dog Dare".

- Brazil

Classic sci-fi of the Orwellian style.

De Niro stars in this classic film

- Naked Lunch

Only for the truly twisted minds.

Bug powder - Yum!

I forgot about Naked Lunch. Peter Weller at his finest. I started reading William Burroughs when I was about 15. Definitely some head shaking moments. I'd also add Blade Runner(with the dark ending) and Re-Animator.

I'll add

Smokin' Aces

Lucky Number Slevin (LOVE this movie)

Reservoir Dogs

All of these were AWESOME! I also LOVE Lucky Number Slevin. Cracks me up every time I see it. lol

I'd like to add OUT COLD to the list....fantastic movie

Also a phenomenal movie! Hilarious!

I think it was said by Chevy but it is worth repeating, Green Street hooligans! What a great movie!

Someone also mentioned Lords of Dogtown and that was great too.

Over the Top back in the day was a great one! A little (i know i know, a lot) cheesy but it was still one i used to watch every time it was on.

I think it was said by Chevy but it is worth repeating, Green Street hooligans!

Yeah. It kind of reminds me of Boondock Saints. The street fight scenes were pretty cool.

One of my favorite movies as a kid was Pete's Dragon. M daughter likes to watch it now too.

Another enginerd recommended this too.

I just watched that tonight... it was like Butterfly Effect, but for really smart people that actually have to think about more esoteric consequences.

I also like the flix dmagic mentioned (11:14, Crash - stuff like that)

This'll make your head hurt.

http://deckardpl.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/primer_timeline.jpg

Anything by Guy Ritchie when he wasn't diddling Madonna

Seven Samurai/Yojimbo

High Fidelity (one of my all-time favs)

Interstella 5555 (how's that for something someone's never seen?) You fans of Daft Punk would LOVE it.

Cowboy Bebop (movie and series)

Kung Fu Hustle

Legend of Drunken Master

Hackers made me giggle through the whole thing, then I erupted in laughter as they "hacked the Gibson". I did like the Apple sexual innuendo though, that had a nice touch.

Sneakers - with Robert Redford, River Phoenix, Sidney Poitier, and Dan Ackroyd.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, I'm slapping myself silly for forgetting this. One of the BEST enginerd/wannabe spy movies of ALL TIME.