Do you like it here???

Fazerlady

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The west coast can fall off into the Pacific for all I care! I really like VISITING there, but I don't think I would like living there AT ALL!

Its horrible in some places. But ive found some places to be quite nice. Santa Barbara and San Diego were my favorite places in SoCal when I was stationed down there. SB was a college town on a decent beach...cheap food and drinks could be found and they had a freebirds...Best burritos EVAR!!!! Oh and dont forget the endless mileage of great rides. Scenic and twisties.

http://www.freebirds.com/fast/intro.htm

WoW.. speechless' date=' for once.

I've been to Cali.. Ohio is the fucking promised land compared to that festering pile of shit. Now, if we were to take California and kill all the people living there.. then it would absolutely rawk!![/quote']

holy fuck!!!! hell has frozen over

Most of the time i even hear people that are from here fuss about the Dayton area and I am wondering where you guys would live (in the US) if you had the chance to do so.

:confused: Dayton? Where's that? J/K. No, not really.

I was born and raised in NorthEast Ohio, I trully love it here in Columbus.

Would I like it somewhere else scenic like Colorado, probably. I haven't had

the chance to travel much :(

Columbus isn't bad at all. But... My girlfriend and my daughter think a move might be fun. She's exploring a possible job out in the Netherlands, and my British Passport might be put to use. I might be able to give all this up here. Lol!

There's better places, but Ohio isn't that bad. Dayton isn't even that bad, especially when compared to places like Cinci and Coshocton. Seriously Cinci is a shit hole and I refuse to take work down there any more. Coshocton? Those boys are just a tad too weird up there, if you know what I mean. I did enjoy the 9 months I worked in Columbus.

and Southern Ca != the west coast. Northern CA and the Oregon coast are amazing.

I've lived in Florida, Cali, Idaho, Texas, Oregon and here. I've traveled all over on top of that. I'd love a vacation home in Florida, but I'd choose large parts of Northern CA and the Oregon coast to live.

Columbus isn't bad at all. But... My girlfriend and my daughter think a move might be fun. She's exploring a possible job out in the Netherlands, and my British Passport might be put to use. I might be able to give all this up here. Lol!

Gotta love holland..we lived 40 min from the border... Go if you get the chance...

any where you go if you talk to people thats been there long enough they are gonna say it sucks.. everywhere sucks when you live there, its nice to just call a place home n travel other places..i was born and raised in dayton ohio, and i personally LOVE tennesee! but after being there for a while its nice to see that "welcome to ohio" sign..

Don't judge Ohio on Dayton. I grew up in the surrounding suburbs and I'm not a fan. I like Columbus WAAAAY better. Much more to do, MUCH better downtown and some nice country living without going tooooo far out. I think my next house will be in the far out parts of Gahanna that are a little more country-ish. Have a good amount of land and trees and space between neighbors!

Though eventually, I'd like to move to TN

Don't judge Ohio on Dayton. I grew up in the surrounding suburbs and I'm not a fan. I like Columbus WAAAAY better. Much more to do, MUCH better downtown and some nice country living without going tooooo far out. I think my next house will be in the far out parts of Gahanna that are a little more country-ish. Have a good amount of land and trees and space between neighbors!

Though eventually, I'd like to move to TN

as for the home....

I recommend marysville. Cheap taxes and land. Just got to deal w Jesus freaks,hypocrites, and og marysville wt.

I think about moving, I love AZ/NM or New Orleans, but really, it's the same crap everywhere. Ohio is bland, parts of it are poor, it gets cold. I hate that. Would I be happier somewhere else? Sure, maybe for a while. Even the greatest place on earth gets boring once the monotony of everyday life sets in. I stay in Ohio because it is bland. No earthquakes, hurricanes, no real state dropping 60%,

prices are fairly low compared to other areas, crime is decently low, access to quite a lot of activities.

Now I'm speaking of Columbus. I grew up in Appalachian Ohio/ WV, if I'm going to live in Ohio, it will be Columbus.

Living in Ohio also makes vacations to other places that much better.

We also have a good accent. :) No southern twang(unless you are from Ironton), no Yankee drawl. Watching TV, everyone sounds like they are from Ohio.

I think about moving, I love AZ/NM or New Orleans, but really, it's the same crap everywhere. Ohio is bland, parts of it are poor, it gets cold. I hate that. Would I be happier somewhere else? Sure, maybe for a while. Even the greatest place on earth gets boring once the monotony of everyday life sets in. I stay in Ohio because it is bland. No earthquakes, hurricanes, no real state dropping 60%,

prices are fairly low compared to other areas, crime is decently low, access to quite a lot of activities.

Now I'm speaking of Columbus. I grew up in Appalachian Ohio/ WV, if I'm going to live in Ohio, it will be Columbus.

Living in Ohio also makes vacations to other places that much better.

We also have a good accent. :) No southern twang(unless you are from Ironton), no Yankee drawl. Watching TV, everyone sounds like they are from Ohio.

I thought New Orleans was a shithole last time I was there. Glad you like it there though.

I thought New Orleans was a shithole last time I was there. Glad you like it there though.

when were you there? I was there over the summer, most of it was nicer now than when I was there before Katrina.

New Orleans is a unique city, if you like modern, up to date, hustle and bustle, yeah, I could see hating it. If you like history, old architecture, and a laid back atmosphere, it doesn't get any better.

I will say if you go there and never leave the French Quarter, you are missing most of what the city has to offer.

when were you there? I was there over the summer, most of it was nicer now than when I was there before Katrina.

New Orleans is a unique city, if you like modern, up to date, hustle and bustle, yeah, I could see hating it. If you like history, old architecture, and a laid back atmosphere, it doesn't get any better.

I will say if you go there and never leave the French Quarter, you are missing most of what the city has to offer.

i was there about a year ago. The french quarter was alright, but Id prefer downtown austin any day....hands down the best nightlift downtown area anywhere ive been. you rarely ever have a place centrally located with over 6 streets of bars and clubs. 3/4 of the crowd are college coeds. Its a blast.

The teacher in me says Ohio is awesome, but only because of snow days. I do like having four seasons though, because it's weird without them. I would like to live in Portland, Oregon though. No matter where I would live though, I probably wouldn't be 100% happy. I'd like to live in like 10 places all at the same time. I'll have to wait for teleporting I guess to make that happen.

I really like Tennesee, but I don't belive I would care for the snow driving in the mountains. I think georgia would be nice, also. Its warm. its not far from good riding, but my jobs here. SO i am staying.

Personally, I don't think a JOB all by itself is much of a reason to stay somewhere, or even to move somewhere. That might be just me, though.

Personally, I don't think a JOB all by itself is much of a reason to stay somewhere, or even to move somewhere. That might be just me, though.

I work for local government. Retirement is great. pay is good, benifits are good. I dont think I could find it the same anywhere else.

Columbus is nice. I like having seasons, but we have wild winters in comparison to the north-east. I lived in New Hampshire/Mass. for 8 years and loved it, except for the winter. Southern California is a nice place to visit, but a crappy place to live. The cost of living, the traffic, taxes (9.25% where I lived) are all why I don't regret leaving, also after 8 years.

I do miss being able to lane split legally though.