Anybody work at Honda plant in Marysville?

scottb

I don't work for honda, but I am usually through Marysville once a week or some on my way to Columbus, and there is plenty of food, and hotels down the main strip. There is a honda dealer over right off the main road if you want to check some bikes out. You can hit up Josh in the parts department he is a friend of mine that I ride with a good bit. There is a bostons there that has good food as well.

First 2 places that jump to mind: Benny's Pizza on Columbus Avenue in Marysville and G & R Tavern in Waldo (not exactly close, but stellar made-to-order sandwiches

First 2 places that jump to mind: Benny's Pizza on Columbus Avenue in Marysville and G & R Tavern in Waldo (not exactly close, but stellar made-to-order sandwiches 740-726-9685). Milford Center has a couple small wing places that get rave reviews (from hungry Hondroids looking to unwind at 1am nightly...). Also, the Subway just East of 33 is known for some serious stacking of toppings on subs.

Be careful with your driving up there! Both Union County Sheriffs Office and State Troopers (post is just down the road from the plant!) aren't shy. And with Honda on holiday shutdown, none of us will be around as decoys. Pickings will be slim for them.

Thanks for the input on food and heads up on driving. I know the plant is on shutdown/vacation. Google maps shows alot of places to eat, just looking for any places food wise to avoid.

I am not sure who i'll be working with at the plant.

One company I worked at was a union shop, which meant I was not allowed to touch any of the equipment, but had to "direct" the workers on what to do. I had an electrician and a mechanical employee with me. Any item that needs to be unbolted, was the mechanical guys job and anything that has to be unplugged or needed a meter reading was the electrician's job.

Looks like no motorcycles are produced there? Only the Element and CR-v?

Thanks for the input on food and heads up on driving. I know the plant is on shutdown/vacation. Google maps shows alot of places to eat, just looking for any places food wise to avoid.

One company I worked at was a union shop, which meant I was not allowed to touch any of the equipment, but had to "direct" the workers on what to do. I had an electrician and a mechanical employee with me. Any item that needs to be unbolted, was the mechanical guys job and anything that has to be unplugged or needed a meter reading was the electrician's job.

Yeah they don't produce motorcycles there.

Places to eat, try mango's in the plaza by walmart. Lucaseys by aldi's.

Marysville plant does the accord, tl, and rdx.

I took him on a bunch of core rides then he ended up doing more riding then me last year. He totaled his bike on his first ride with us down on 556, all cosmetic, fixed it up nice as new and now has 2 2007 675's. let me ride one on a 600 mile day last fall. He is a good rider now. pretty quick also. He dont post much on the web but does ride alot with core down south of canton.

He seems like a good guy, and will be a great,needed addition to our crew. Now that i sold my sport bike, I only have my 1982 GS 850. We will have to try to get a few Lincoln rides plan this summer. Our boss also rides, his one bike is a Warrior.

My husband works there. Well, the former motorcycle plant actually. He did work in manufacturing.

We live in Marysville.

Benny's is good.

Conways Barbeque has 50cent wings all day on Sundays that are pretty good.

Mangos which is over by Walmart has good Mexican food. Happy hour is fantastic with half priced appetizers and great beer prices. The staff there are awesome. That place is in a strip mall next to Walmart.

YES.. BE CAREFUL IF YOU DECIDE TO DRINK/DRIVE or even JUST DRIVE.. the cops here are jerks! It's basically copland around here.

Thanks for the heads up. Knowing that I need my license for this job and to enjoy motorcycles, I will only have one drink while i am out IF i know i will be at one place for awhile, or i can walk from the hotel to dinner. Usually, I'll get a 6 pack and bring it back to the room, if i wll be in the room for a few days.

I'm assuming you'll be walking distance to Conway's and Roosters since that is basically where all our hotels are located right off of 33/36.

Conway's doesn't have much for atmosphere, but it is a great place for food and reasonable drink prices.

You'll also be really close to the place that 'the game' mentioned above. I've heard mixed reviews on that place so I can't confirm if it's any good or not since I've not been there personally.

Roosters has lots of eye candy, but seriously the chicks share brain cells there. It's annoying if you prefer your server's iq to be more then their shoe size. Food is alright there.. it's not as good as other places.

You can probably get away with Mangos if you're not wasted or out too awfully late. You still have to drive back (3 miles?) to the hotel.