Either of these look like good buys?!

JaysonL

So I'm completely new to biking in general and just bought a bike to start riding in spring. In the mean time I was hoping to tinker with a project dirt bike over winter.

I was wondering if either of these bikes look like a potentially good deal on a project bike (something that won't take 100's to get running, not too shot too hell)?! You guys being dirt riders would know better than anyone. Any advice is welcome.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/1502095239.html

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/1503133302.html

Thanks in advance!:D

-Jayson

I'm full grown at 5'7" and about 135/140....

So I'm still small at my "full-grown height."

Do you still think that the 80'd be a bad idea considering it needs a lot of attention too....

And if the general description of "needs rebuilt" is exactly that for the 100, wouldn't it need just as much attention.

(Just asking questions, not questioning your wisdom or advice haha)

I would stay away from both!!! The 80 is worth about 4 to 500 at most in perfect running condition it will cost way more to put it together. The kaw uses a nickle lined cylinder, if you bore it out you must have the cyclinder re-nickled, its costly and takes a long time to get done. I'm not a big honda guy or anything but old xr 4strokers run forever and they are pretty low priced I just sold a xr100 for 600 ran perfect. What is your budget? wha kind of riding do you plan on doin? My xr was just a beat around pop whelies n such I also have an 01 rm250 2stroke thats set up for mx track riding I'd let it go for 1200.

wow, good to know abotu the kx 80!

well, i'm not particularly lookin' for a dirt machine, but my budget won't allow anything above about 4-5 to buy the project, from there I can put money in as I go (or as I get paychecks haha).

As to what kind of riding.... Shits and giggles. I wanna get myself a mx helmet and some old gear and tear the bike up as much as I can without tearing my own limbs off.

Oh, and thanks for the 250 offer, but 1200 is WAAAAAY out of my range! haha

yes, but the question is, do you want her to reproduce and make a bunch of little bitches? just sayin. holes in condom = not a good idea. :p

haha wrong thread mj! get your shit together 'man!' :p

Oh, and I thought this scenario over only after I posted that.... either way I felt that the totall negative impact and effect on the world would be less than the enjoyment we would all get knowing she will forever have a man named Billy-Joe as her baby-daddy (b/c i'm assuming that the only guys that would fuck her would also considering hooking up with their cousins! sorry wheezle)

:D

I'm full grown at 5'7" and about 135/140....

So I'm still small at my "full-grown height."

Do you still think that the 80'd be a bad idea considering it needs a lot of attention too....

And if the general description of "needs rebuilt" is exactly that for the 100, wouldn't it need just as much attention.

(Just asking questions, not questioning your wisdom or advice haha)

Yes, its still a bad idea. That is essentially a parts bike, and not a good one at that since many of the good parts are gone. I'd look for a 125 2-stroke at your height/weight.

yes, but the question is, do you want her to reproduce and make a bunch of little bitches? just sayin. holes in condom = not a good idea. :p

that thread is down the hall to your left.

:nono:

That's a low blow my friend. A low blow!

Wellllll.... At least my bike's still in production! Haha sucka :D

You've been doing to many TPS reports my friend.

And I will forgive the Blasphemy you speak.

Behold new for 2010. Z1Kizzle.

Z1000_3.jpg

( and sorry couldn't help myself about the CanOtuna crack.)

Yes, its still a bad idea. That is essentially a parts bike, and not a good one at that since many of the good parts are gone. I'd look for a 125 2-stroke at your height/weight.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the direction! I've been kinda lost when it comes to looking around for a dirt project that would fit me. but this gives me a good idea!

You've been doing to many TPS reports my friend.

And I will forgive the Blasphemy you speak.

Behold new for 2010. Z1Kizzle.

( and sorry couldn't help myself about the CanOtuna crack.)

Wow! :eek: She's gorgeous!

But, for some reason I was under the impression that you were the proud own of a naked 650.... I think I got you mixed up with lost1888 for some reason.

Oh, and I'll forgive your jab at my Craptana! :D