High Speed Chase on 270 this morning

SWing'R

Anyone hear anything about a high speed chase on 270 this morning? Around 9:30am.

Was taking the wife to her surgery followup exam this morning, we were Eastbound on 270

(on the North side) in the far right lane just passing over 71 coming up on Cleveland Ave when

something very loud and fast went by, scared the crap out of me, my first thought was a sportbike,

ended up being a red Mazda RX-8 in the fast lane, dude was easily doing 120mph+, several seconds

behind him, a lone state trooper in pursuit.

The dude in the Mazda was easily rounding the bend around 161 by the time the trooper passed Cleveland Ave,

pretty sorry job of chasing but I imagine they had air support on the way.

Edited by SWing'R

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i'm right...the (the 09 rx-8 r3) doesn't have over 232 hp. Not bad, but not crazy. Leo probably just got a late jump.

It was the newer RX-8, the batman car, the one with the rotary engine? I think the trooper was holdin back due to the amount of traffic,

I've seen the cruisers do alot better than what he was doin.

Edited by SWing'R

It was the newer RX-8' date=' the batman car, the one with the rotary engine? I think the trooper was holdin back due to the amount of traffic,

I've seen the cruisers do alot better than what he was doin.[/quote']

Haha. Never looked at them like that. I don't understand why they went rotary, but yeah...rotary. :rolleyes:

9:30 am...yeah i can imagine traffic was crazy.

Edited by NightRider

RX-8s take FOREVER to wind up. While I'm not surprised he got to those speeds and held it there (they are fantastic cars on the edge), I also wouldn't be surprised if 4 miles down the road the trooper caught up.

The 8 has a fantastic chassis, just no balls. Still trying to find a way to stick an LSx in one. I guess I'll stick to the FD RX-7.

Que Wheezle with "Rotarys are guud" comment in 3...2...

RX-8s take FOREVER to wind up. While I'm not surprised he got to those speeds and held it there (they are fantastic cars on the edge), I also wouldn't be surprised if 4 miles down the road the trooper caught up.

The 8 has a fantastic chassis, just no balls. Still trying to find a way to stick an LSx in one. I guess I'll stick to the FD RX-7.

lol. Car just looks weird to me...as well. Like you, i'll stick to the rx 7's. :D

I always post some variant of an FD with an LSx. There's tons of them out there. It's my dream project. Either that or an LSx in a Datsun 280Z. :D

lol. A Datsun? That would be pretty sweet...however that would be a little too light wouldn't it? The rx 7's look 10 times better. :D

Tell me what is NOT badass about this.

Gotta admit that was pretty :wackit:

I'm not much of looks guy...it just can't look like a pacer, gremlin, or rx8. Hell...i drove (and had a blast) a flat black rat rod...63 2dr 289 fairlane for a few summers. C4 trans developed a leak (big shocker) :rolleyes: rebuilt...it, started leaking again...and eventually sold it. 3500$ this was before i was into bikes...could have bought a descent one. I ended up blowing it. :(

I hate rx8's. They are ugly and the worst sports car ever, it really annoys me that they followed up the RX-7 with this garbage excuse for a car.

FD RX-7 with LS6 FTMFW!!!!

Beauty AND balls. :D

zaino6.jpg

DSC_0215-1.jpg

couldn't agree more. The next car I drive will have an LS1 in it and although I really want a targa/t-top car and ls1 swapped FD would easily trump a C5 or a Firehawk

I like the older rotarys, as the new ones in the rx8 are to high compression to do anything with. I will say that is a beautiful 7 you have posted Don. To make a rx8 do anything you really need to swap the housings and rotors out to the FD's. Once you do that you can throw some fun to it.