High Speed Chase on 270 this morning

SWing'R

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. All I really wanted to know was if they caught the sob in the red RX-8 :confused:

Shoulda just said "ricer POS" instead of RX-8. You would have saved these guys some drool to be cleaned up, since they wouldn't have gotten into this wishlist dreaming crap pissing match over something you don't have, or whatever you want to call it.

Those are different motors. 2jz- Supra, 13b- Rx-7, Rb26- Skyline GTR

It's amazing how much power they can get out of these motors....With boost. I'd rather have a V-8 anyday, make as much, and more power without forced induction, with the added benefit of MUCH more torque, with it all lower in the RPM range where it's much more usable.

So, Wheez, looks like we're gonna be partners, bro. Could you tell me right quick what would be a better motor for my Skyline, a Gallo 12 or a Gallo 24?

:lol:haha couple of nissan sr20 motors would pull a premium a week before race wars, wouldn't they yota?

It's amazing how much power they can get out of these motors....With boost. I'd rather have a V-8 anyday, make as much, and more power without forced induction, with the added benefit of MUCH more torque, with it all lower in the RPM range where it's much more usable.

Yeah, you'd think that. Until you have an 800 whp GTO and the widest tires you can fit in the rear are 275s. Then things start getting hairy. The only thing you can do is punch it from a roll and make passengers scream like little girls. 800 HP GTOs scare Don...

I don't hate the RX-8 as a track car. The automatic only has like 212hp, so I'd never buy that. the manual still "only" has 240 or so.

but they're light cars. 240hp from a 1.3 liter engine is pretty respectable. The lack of torque means they suck from a standing start, but in a highway pursuit, I wouldn't be shocked if the RX-8 could top 130. The crown-vics should be good for at least as much though.

Clarkson was sucking the RX-8's dick on Top Gear for a while. called it "the best sportscar he's ever driven" or something. the handling was that good ...until it rained. light car + summer tires + rain = miserable in any kind of low traction situation.

but they're light cars. 240hp from a 1.3 liter engine is pretty respectable. The lack of torque means they suck from a standing start, but in a highway pursuit, I wouldn't be shocked if the RX-8 could top 130. The crown-vics should be good for at least as much though.

The power levels from that 1.3l engine are impressive. In my opinion, the 1.3l is a bit deceiving, and not relevant when comparing to a reciprocating piston 4-strok engine. Compare the number of firing events. I'm not bashing the rotary engine by any means, as they are truly awesome, and soooo smooth. Let's just compared apples to apples, not aplles to the mangosteen fruit....

The 8 can get to 150 and stay there. ;)

Geez a lot of hating on the RX8..I agree its not the best follow-up to the beauty that the FD was, but still a very impressive hp output for an n/a 1.3L. The automatic version in the other hand, is horrible. The 8 can easy do 130+ IMO. I miss my ole' rx7, someday I'll get another or two, one LSx and one rotary.

The 8 can get to 150 and stay there. ;)

The internets (W!!!) yields conflicting information. I looked very briefly, but I saw on one forum that the car is drag-limited to 134mph, and someone else said electronically limited to 150 in 6th gear (you can go faster by revving higher in 5th though, where the speed limiter won't kick in)

There's video of an RX-8 pulling 184 on a dyno, but without wind-drag, that's not really relevant...