ohio tax cut delay... urrr tax increase for 2009/10

dmagicglock

how does everyone feel about the tax increase that will be RETROACTIVE for 2009 and effective for 2010... I already pay hundreds of dollars in taxes to the state every year, yay for adding more to that amount.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2009/12/19/ap-ohio-media-gov-strickland-dems-call-double-digit-retroactive-tax-incr

HOw can they retro back almost a year on your taxes?

I mean we all have witholding based on our Exemtions,, and them changing the tax you "Should" have paid all year may make you owe tax in a lump sum that otherwise you would have already paid and not noticed spread out over the year.

WTF?

People never learn. They vote for someone who believes in big government, someone who promises the government will help them out in some way and then bitch about the higher taxes and loss of freedoms.

but, but, but, I didn't think he was going to be like this. He promised so much good. He won the Peace Prize. That MEANS something. :lol::p

People never learn. They vote for someone who believes in big government, someone who promises the government will help them out in some way and then bitch about the higher taxes and loss of freedoms.

what??? bigger government means less freedoms???? :(

My exact thoughts when I read the FIrst Obama COmment.

WTF does obama have to do with a state tax...WHat fcking idiots. :wtf:

there is a correlation between unemployment levels and tax revenue. So one could argue that the "stimulus" plans that should have curbed unemployment, as he said it would when trying to get the money, would have resulted in more taxes collected.

The real problem here is that if we gave 100% of our money to the government they would still find a way to be broke.

sometimes I really feel like hitting myself in the head with a hammer and "dumbing" up a little bit.

And sometimes I just like to enjoy peoples displaced outrage. In fact, I'm upset right now at my electric company for not putting a new roof on my house.

The real problem here is that if we gave 100% of our money to the government they would still find a way to be broke.

Uncle Sam says: Then, you don't make enough money.

Edited by JRMMiii

A few simple rules to vote by:

1) Never vote for someone who mentions the word "program" unless the word abolish was just before it.

2) Never vote for a tax increase. It doesn't matter how great they make it sound. It doesn't matter the sob story they tell. (its for the children) Its because of these increases for schools and such that politicians are able to avoid fiscal responsibility. Force them into it with a "NO" vote! Even without a % increase, the total revenue goes up with population, employment, home values and many other ways. They never.....never need a % increase.

3) If you read the phrase on a ballot: "By voting yes, this will not increase your taxes" Think for a second. This is a bullshit way to get you to vote yes to keep a percentage increase that they already suckered you into once before! Vote "NO" and your taxes will go down!

Ohio education does need fixed. But taxes won't really help the should look into administration. They can give themselves raises whenever they like. Teachers and mait/janitors are under contract and get laughed at when they ask for only a couple % raise.

So yes the education system works just like the banks those in charge make all the money the ones doing the work get a little.

Ohio education does need fixed. But taxes won't really help the should look into administration. They can give themselves raises whenever they like. Teachers and mait/janitors are under contract and get laughed at when they ask for only a couple % raise.

So yes the education system works just like the banks those in charge make all the money the ones doing the work get a little.

There is no incentive to cut cost or save money in any way. There are no accounts set up to save a surplus for future building of schools. There is however incentive to spend every last dime that is budgeted so you can show a need for more next year. Locally we have an assistant for pretty much every teacher, we have several layers of administration that we didnt used to have. I even know one guy who got into trouble as an assistant superintendent but instead of firing an assistant that wasn't needed in the first place, they created another $80,000 dollar a year job for him just to keep him on the payroll, His only responsibility now is approving the bus routes for the year. In the last 5 years every school in our county has built brand new multi million dollar school complexes with the last one scheduled to be completed this summer. I just think it should be somebody's job to save the taxpayers money and a large portion of that mans income should be a percentage of what he saves the taxpayer. Run things like a business. If you dont really need someone, get rid of them! Do you know how many taxpayers it takes to support one government job? I dont either, but it must be a lot! lol

Did my school really need that $600,000 astro turf in their multi million dollar stadium? I dont think so....... Sure its nice..... but not needed.....