Don't ride on Jekyll Island, GA!

F4iBunny

OMG!!! We were down in Georgia over the weekend for a friend's wedding. If you ever are down there and have your bike, turn around and go back north!!! I think this is where snails come from! I'm all for a relaxing vacation but this was painfully slow. And it wasn't just old ppl either, it was everybody!!! There were long, open roads where the speed limit was 50 and they would hardly be doing 40. We didn't take the bikes and never will. Don't think we'll ever return to that area ever again!

And the roads?! No matter where you are, which way you turn, you're either on route 17, 25 or sometimes both!

All the ppl we met down there were clueless. :confused: It was like being on another planet! They were all so confused! It wasn't just the driving that was slow.

It rained and stormed the whole weekend so that made it that much worse. But I never thought I'd ever say this but it's nice to be back in sunny Ohio!

OMG!!! We were down in Georgia over the weekend for a friend's wedding. If you ever are down there and have your bike, turn around and go back north!!! I think this is where snails come from! I'm all for a relaxing vacation but this was painfully slow. And it wasn't just old ppl either, it was everybody!!! There were long, open roads where the speed limit was 50 and they would abide by it! We didn't take the bikes and never will. Don't think we'll ever return to that area ever again!

And the roads?! No matter where you are, which way you turn, you're either on route 17, 25 or sometimes both!

All the ppl we met down there were clueless. :confused: It was like being on another planet! They were all so confused! It wasn't just the driving that was slow.

It rained and stormed the whole weekend so that made it that much worse. But I never thought I'd ever say this but it's nice to be back in sunny Ohio!

I feel the same way everytime we ride through Westerville.

I was about 30 miles or so south of Macon this weekend and rode down. caught a few sprinkles Friday night but mostly I was just behind the rain so I got all th spray. :mad:

There on the interstate if you don't do 80 you get run the hell over....

Didn't ride much down there but roads ain't bad.. You need to be in north Georgia for most of the good roads.

The nice thing about Georgia is you are close to a lot of awesome Road Race tracks.

Jennings in FL, Road Atlanta, Barber, Talladega GP (not the NASCAR place), Roebiling Rd, VIR,

We were in Arizona one year and it was amazing that not one person knew where anything was, was from arizona, and they had 10 different streets all with the same names. It was like pulling teeth anytime we needed to find something.

Colorado Springs was like that when i was there..so many people have moved there from other places no one knows where the hell anything is.

There on the interstate if you don't do 80 you get run the hell over....

ah shit man... i remember driving through memphis towards atlanta at about 4 in the AM... POURING rain, couldnt see shit. and getting passed by semi trucks doing about 75-80... crazy bastards.