WTB: Canon 24-70mm lens

yummy_waffles

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick look on FM turned up a couple around $1k

Any decent 24-70L is going to be around 1k+. It's one of those lenses that holds its value well.

where's all the FS on potn? It's all wtb

Under the market place there should be a buy forum and sell forum.

That did it, not quite what I'm looking for though, I want a cheap telephoto AF/MF lens....I know, cheap and lens shouldn't go together.

How big? Don't forget to look at some of the third party lenses also. Some of them make some great gear for considerably less.

I know it's not quite the same, but I like my Sigma EX 24-70 (f/2.8) purdy well.

I used that lens for two years professionally. It is a good alternative, still a constant F2.8, well built- and it can be found for around $300 used.

That said, the Nikon version was a nice upgrade. Worth the extra $1,400? Honestly, that Sigma was a workhorse.

I've used both side by side (Sigma and Canon) and the Canon came out ahead easily but with a heavy cost. The first, biggest difference for me was the AF speed. If that isn't as much a concern then it might be worth settling for the Sigma as they generally make good gear.

200 or more, other than that I don't really care. Just something cheap for zoom :)

There's a bunch in that range. 70-200, 70-300, 120-300, 100-400, 135-400, 200 - 500,... of course cheap is relative. I'd look at Canon (non-L) and Sigma in that range.

Interesting. Not sure if you are in Columbus, but I've always liked checking out the inventory at the local used pro camera store mpex.com

I never saw the OP ask for a pro line or F2.8 lens. Is that what he is looking for?

I used to have the 24-70 L and the the 24-105 L, and dumped the 24-70 in favor of the other. I liked it better, especially for portrait work. Some of the earlier 24-105's were notas good, but I think mine was a later 07 version and it was super crisp and had the best bokeh on a lens I've ever seen. Check it out, very good lens. After buying it, I dumped everything except the 100-400 L and the Tokina 12-24. Didn't need anything else.

fredmiranda.com is probably the best for used Canon lens(or was a couple years ago). Sometimes you can get lucky and Adorama or B&H will have used/ refurbed lenes too.