Winter storm Thursday

Casper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At times, I travel for work. So Monday, I had to travel from Cleveland to Kent. This was during the major "lake-effect" snow. So a normal 45 minute drive was 2 hours. Then on Wednesday, I had to go to Olean NY. Route 90 hugs the lake for most of the ride until around Erie PA. The other park of of the travel route was near the Peak-n-Peak ski resort. No snow on the roads there,just wet. Normally 3 hours was actually 5 hours. The only issue I had there was the road spray freezing on the front window, and slowly lifting the wipers off the glass. This caused more ice to build up. So about every 30 miles or so, had to exit and scrape the windshield. Not sure who designed the recessed front glass on the rental Jeep Charokee, ice also builds up between the front A-pillar and the edge of the windshield. All good times for work.

There is about 2 feet of snow in my front yard.

I feel like they always hype up the first winter storm of the season... even if it is relatively small. Then people are all worked up and act stupid on the roads. I hope I get to go home early....

A meteorologist is the ONLY job you can do wrong EVERY day.... And still have a job to come into the next :nono:

How much does the snow affect the trains? I always wondered that.

As long as your wipers & defrosters are workin' good.... Not at all

Had an interesting run back from Cinci as a student one Christmas Eve. Engineer let me run.... Then promptly fell asleep. Had had my student card for all of a month

Wipers & defroster weren't working for a $hit. Had to use a tupperware container to scrape my window on the INSIDE

Couldn't see $hit, so engineer told me to keep hittin' my whistles every 30 seconds or so, as we were out in the country & knew we were good for the next 20 miles or so with track, & no signals or diamonds. Every drift we hit was like walkin' in front of a snowblower at 30mph. Couldn't even get the conductor door open when we got back to Lima.... So much snow piled on the nose

Talk about your bunghole puckerin'!! :eek:

As long as your wipers & defrosters are workin' good.... Not at all

Had an interesting run back from Cinci as a student one Christmas Eve. Engineer let me run.... Then promptly fell asleep. Had had my student card for all of a month

Wipers & defroster weren't working for a $hit. Had to use a tupperware container to scrape my window on the INSIDE

Couldn't see $hit, so engineer told me to keep hittin' my whistles every 30 seconds or so, as we were out in the country & knew we were good for the next 20 miles or so with track, & no signals or diamonds. Every drift we hit was like walkin' in front of a snowblower at 30mph. Couldn't even get the conductor door open when we got back to Lima.... So much snow piled on the nose

Talk about your bunghole puckerin'!! :eek:

sounds like fun... where do I sign up??:p

Same train.

No it's not

Front 2 are SP units, but different engine #'s. 3rd unit isn't even same colors as in the 2nd vid... Looks like Sante Fe power

3rd unit in 2nd vid is Kyle power

Edited by Fonzie