Sprint from Columbus to Zanesville?

nochknstrps

Oh, don't get me wrong man, I've busted 185indicated before on my old 2002 ZX-12R I had on US35, but it was during broad daylight around NOON maybe.;)

im going to start calling you Captain Insano!!!

at 180 you are going 3 miles per minute. that's a mile every 20 seconds... that being the case, if a deer were in your lane one half mile ahead, you would only have ten seconds to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chances are, ill crash hard enough to not worry about jail time.. unless of course i wasnt going fast enough when i hit the pavement and live through it..that'll be a min 2 fo sho. and a change of scenary after being a military police officer. oh and NINJA NICK, i heard you took up quilting since you've been spending soo much time on the porch. hows that coming along? haha

im going to start calling you Captain Insano!!!

at 180 you are going 3 miles per minute. that's a mile every 20 seconds... that being the case, if a deer were in your lane one half mile ahead, you would only have ten seconds to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

I've only been that fast maybe 5-6x in my life. It's just as dangerous as going 120 except for the wind noise, and I'm sure you've hit 120mph before Cleaner. :p

We used to do high speed runs all the time out in the middle of nowhere. But, racing to and from a town is pretty F'in stupid. Wanna run for money?

Sign up for an STT event and we'll run at lunch time. Whomever runs the fastest AVERAGE lap in 5 laps gets the pot. We'd have to work it out with Monte, but I think it could be done... 5 riders on track at a time and we'd do up to 4 sessions. Like a modified Superpole...

Who's "fast" enough to try?

:rolleyes:

We used to do high speed runs all the time out in the middle of nowhere. But, racing to and from a town is pretty F'in stupid. Wanna run for money?

Sign up for an STT event and we'll run at lunch time. Whomever runs the fastest AVERAGE lap in 5 laps gets the pot. We'd have to work it out with Monte, but I think it could be done... 5 riders on track at a time and we'd do up to 4 sessions. Like a modified Superpole...

Who's "fast" enough to try?

:rolleyes:

I doubt Monte would let that happen.. Could you imagine if someone crashed during one of those laps. They could probably get around the waiver they signed since they were technically gambling and STT allowed it. although it would be fun... By the way. what kind of lap times are you running at Mid-ohio.

I doubt Monte would let that happen.. Could you imagine if someone crashed during one of those laps. They could probably get around the waiver they signed since they were technically gambling and STT allowed it. although it would be fun... By the way. what kind of lap times are you running at Mid-ohio.

It was a joke as most wouldn't even try it. They'd rather street race than track race... We could offer a prize or something, though...

As far as lap times, I hit a :33 at the track day before the AMA event. It was luck really as it is difficult to get around quickly during track day events. I had a pull following Jonas. That helped, for sure... You'll nail 3/4 a lap at pace and then the last 1/4 hits traffic. Usually, :36s and thereabouts is what Drew and I seem to run together. He's getting quicker so now, I have to work harder. It's been cool watching him progress... We just cannot run around at race pace and watch customers. It wouldn't be the right thing to do.

I plan on really trying at the end of these last few events to dial teh bike in 100%. I'm still struggling with the Michelins, but I'm close on set-up, I think. End of the day is a good time to try. However, I'm usually exhausted, too...

My previous best time on the old pavement was in 2003 at low :34s and a couple of high :33s. That was on a 2003 750, though. I think :30s are easily a target. If I was to race the AMA Pro Am event next weekend, I think :30s would have to be run in the 750 classes to hang at the front...

It was a joke as most wouldn't even try it. They'd rather street race than track race... We could offer a prize or something, though...

As far as lap times, I hit a :33 at the track day before the AMA event. It was luck really as it is difficult to get around quickly during track day events. I had a pull following Jonas. That helped, for sure... You'll nail 3/4 a lap at pace and then the last 1/4 hits traffic. Usually, :36s and thereabouts is what Drew and I seem to run together. He's getting quicker so now, I have to work harder. It's been cool watching him progress... We just cannot run around at race pace and watch customers. It wouldn't be the right thing to do.

I plan on really trying at the end of these last few events to dial teh bike in 100%. I'm still struggling with the Michelins, but I'm close on set-up, I think. End of the day is a good time to try. However, I'm usually exhausted, too...

My previous best time on the old pavement was in 2003 at low :34s and a couple of high :33s. That was on a 2003 750, though. I think :30s are easily a target. If I was to race the AMA Pro Am event next weekend, I think :30s would have to be run in the 750 classes to hang at the front...

Nice times.. I talked with Drew quite a bit that track day before AMA.. I ran that track day also but some more money before I can do another track day... Im running 100% stock on an 05-750 with just my suspension set for me. First things first, I need new rotors, and pads before I will even attempt another track day. they are warped so bad that getting on the brakes on the straight is a real pucker experience. I would also love to get my forks re-worked and a penske double clicker or similar for the rear.. But like I said.. I just dont have the money for it right now. :(

Umm, excuse me. I thought we were talking about a race to Zanesville and back. I say, "Let's Get It On!" The DRZ and my broken collar bone can't keep up with your multi's. I could use Clutch's R6 but he hosed his exhaust, luckily we use a fab shop that can repair titanium.

I will happily take a spot in Zville as a marshall to sign off that you were here.

Who'se got the balls baby?

I am down to do this, but I can promise you someone is going down. Well, depending on the time of night we leave Cols. Also, before on this runs it was first there and back. You have to get something from there showing you went the whole way. The only issue I had with theirs was any bike could enter, so you had at that time zx12s and Busas all over the place and people on 600-1000s. Well, to me and still to me, that is unfair...Reason I say this is because no one with a slower bike will be in front of me. I guess the only way a slower bike has a chance is if a faster rider runs out of gas or goes to jail.

there is an import race around 270 twice a month.. cops know about it, but what can they do?.. theres too many cars to stop; at best they can only get one once they split up. thats the fun part.

Imports.... facking asains.. hahahaah

speaking of asains.. where the hell has that little facker been.

Sounds like it COULD be fun. But $50 a person will not compensate for a 1) Reckless Operations charge, 2) 6 points on the license, 3) possibly going to jail, 4) getting the bike towed..... And then there's the possibility of crashing while going 160 mph on I-70 that could leave a mark.

Who the fuck wants to ride on 70? You silly guys and your straight line speed...:fruit:

Who the fuck wants to ride on 70? You silly guys and your straight line speed...:fruit:

I dont want to take the side that this is a good idea but 160mph would be interesting on the two slight turns just before you come into zanesville where st rt 40 intersects 70... And once again you would have to have a screw loose to try it on any day without 10 passes to get the line down before you took it up to 160.:fruit:

I dont want to take the side that this is a good idea but 160mph would be interesting on the two slight turns just before you come into zanesville where st rt 40 intersects 70... And once again you would have to have a screw loose to try it on any day without 10 passes to get the line down before you took it up to 160.:fruit:

My bike doesn't do 160. One of the reasons I bought it. :cheers:

i think putty and i need to do this race to zanesville and back, simply for bragging rights. ive never been on that route before, but i can ride it a few times during the day to check it out. in the event that the limited loses, it will go straight to the shop and not come out untill its ready to win! haha