Sell your old electronics

Cdubyah

They'll buy my work laptop for $338. :D

"...umm, boss, someone stole my lapper and I, umm, need a new one..."

If I pull this off (i.e. stay employed and out of jail), the next OR party is on me!

I wonder of this what happens to our guys and their tools. Company provides them, and they loose them all the time! I had a customer call back and say they had a weird looking phone thingy laying by the alarm panel. That was just a $250 test set!

I wonder if it's safe to sell them my old laptop? I hadn't done anything with it because I don't know how to wipe all my info off of it.

If you still have the XP or Vista CD that came with it, just do a reinstall of the operating system.

Won't be 100% wiped out, but unless someone goes through A LOT of work they won't be able to get anything off of it.

Or for a "more secure feeling", download Darin's Boot and Nuke (DBaN) here (click), then do the OS reinstall (the buy your stuff website wants/pays more if the there's an OS installed, and it'll take less than an hour).

If you still have the XP or Vista CD that came with it, just do a reinstall of the operating system.

Won't be 100% wiped out, but unless someone goes through A LOT of work they won't be able to get anything off of it.

Or for a "more secure feeling", download Darin's Boot and Nuke (DBaN) here (click), then do the OS reinstall (the buy your stuff website wants/pays more if the there's an OS installed, and it'll take less than an hour).

Cool. Thanks! I think I'm going to sell it.... they'll give me $85 for it!

wow someone came up with a pretty good crock of crap.

I bet it sells for double of what they give you for it.

that site isn't about doing shit for free. you can believe that.

like going to a car dealer and trying to sell them your car. yeah they'll buy it, but turn around and sell it for a few thousand more than they gave you for it. and use the gimmick "we're recycling" it for you..it's the green thing do to bla bla bla..

if you want to get what your stuff is actually worth sell it on ebay or something. you're still shipping the shit to gazelle anyway, no different than sending to someone else.

Edited by serpentracer

I just looked up my cannon digital slr eos rebel xt and they'll give me $185, (with the lens) LOL

obviously a scam.

that camera sold retail for $600 witout a lense.

here's the real going rates for that camera

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Rebel-XT-f3-5-5-6/dp/B0007QKN22

$185..I bet you will give me that. LOL it's a steal!

where's the option to buy the stuff???? seems way too fishy. I bet they sell all of the stuff on ebay.

Edited by serpentracer