Hit a pothole today blew out 2 tires bent wheels.

ninjascott

What a day broke 2 of my wheels on my car aaaggghhh!!! so I called the poice to see if I need to file a report for insurance they to me to call this other number that person said the city would investigate it and possibly reinburse me. Anyone have any expeience withthis situation? Heres the kicker the wheels I have are discontinued (neeper flys) now what? Is there a place the fixes them?

Monster potholes are everywhere right now.

Talk to Gump. This same thing happened to us years ago when hauling his dads boat through Nelsonville.

I hit a pothole with the trailer that was so deep it caused the suspension to explode and dumped the boat out on the road. Nelsonville bought them a new trailer.

... they to me to call this other number that person said the city would investigate it and possibly reinburse me. Anyone have any expeience withthis situation?
You can call the city...like a pothole line and they will pay to fix your stuff if that hole is that deep. Had this done before.

Seems I've read a hundred times that if the city knew about the pothole (by someone calling it in) and you hit it before they fix it, then they will reimburse you.

YRMV

EDIT: Here's a link to the City of C-Bus pothole page. Can e-mail them or call it in. Could find nothing about reimbursement.

Edited by jblosser
added url link

Seems I've read a hundred times that if the city knew about the pothole (by someone calling it in) and you hit it before they fix it, then they will reimburse you.

YRMV

EDIT: Here's a link to the City of C-Bus pothole page. Can e-mail them or call it in. Could find nothing about reimbursement.

That is correct. It has to have been reported by someone else. They call you back after you open the case and ask when/where. I hit the one that was on 270 last year by Easton that fucked all kinds of people.

...they to me to call this other number that person said the city would investigate it and possibly reinburse me. Anyone have any expeience withthis situation??

Varies from city to city but most require that the pothole was reported to the city by someone...the city didn't fix it...then you hit it.....so you hit a pothole they knew about but didn't fix. Can't hurt to report it and see what they say.