State of the Union Address - Drinking Game

Disclaimer

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The right is stereotypically a party of Bible-thumpers, so now they don't even support the Bible? Eye for an eye afterall...

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but there's only so much you can do taking the 'high road' all the time, so it might be time to fight in the gutter with the same tactics as the GOP. Demonstrate the huge hypocrisies in that party.

You are correct with the hypocrisies, but they are in both parties, more so in the left. The high road all the time? HAHA please. Go back to watching your CNN so they can feed you more liberal lies.

You are correct with the hypocrisies, but they are in both parties, more so in the left. The high road all the time? HAHA please. Go back to watching your CNN so they can feed you more liberal lies.

Give me an example of a hypocrisy of the 'left'?

I just gave you the one from the right - about any Bush dissidents being labeled 'unpatriotic'.

Healthcare that is good enough for the people, but not for politicians.

What are you talking about?

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/opinion/columns/article/mercer_column_same_health_care_as_congress/44072/

Many people think that senators and House members have their own special Cadillac health plan. Not so. Congress is under the same Federal Employees’ Health Benefits Program that covers all federal

workers with the same rules and benefits. (Members of Congress pay an extra annual fee for services of the Capitol physician, and they’re eligible for free outpatient medical care in military treatment

facilities in the capital region.)

The insurance purchasing exchange offers about 300 private insurance plans. Health insurance companies compete and submit bids to the government. All plans cover a range of benefits, including

hospital, surgical, physician, mental health, prescriptions, emergency care and “catastrophic” care.

About 8 million federal workers, including members of Congress, and their families participate. Each worker has about a dozen options, depending on where he lives.

The government pays up to 75 percent of the average premium with employees picking up no less than 25 percent. This is comparable to workers in private industry. Employees of private companies pay

an average of 27 percent of the premium cost for family coverage, according to a new report by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

For more details about the federal health plan, check out the U.S. Office of Personnel Management site, http://www.opm.gov.

In a Q&A on his Web site, Sen. Benjamin Cardin, D-Md., tackles a question on many minds: Will members of Congress be covered under the new health plan or will they retain their current benefits?

The answer to both questions is yes, the sort of squishy response that drives citizens wild. Cardin explains, however, that Congress will be covered under health-care reform, but since the bills allow

people to keep their current health care, members of Congress will be able to stay on the federal employees’ plan.

Care to try again, with another 'left' hypocrisy? It's hypocrisy for adding in a feature to the health care reform that the GOP wanted? To be able to maintain your current plan if you want? Try again...

What are you talking about?

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/opinion/columns/article/mercer_column_same_health_care_as_congress/44072/

Care to try again, with another 'left' hypocrisy? It's hypocrisy for adding in a feature to the health care reform that the GOP wanted? To be able to maintain your current plan if you want? Try again...

The president is barnstorming the nation, urging swift approval of legislation that is taking shape in Congress. This legislation — the Affordable Health Choices Act that’s being drafted by Sen. Edward Kennedy’s staff and the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee — will push Americans into stingy insurance plans with tight, HMO-style controls. It specifically exempts members of Congress (along with federal employees; the exemptions are in section 3116)

http://www.patientpowernow.org/2009/06/22/congress-federal-employees-exempt-insurance-mandates/

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio/userletter/?letter_id=4234377546

Representative Virginia Foxx (R-NC 5th)

3rd-term Republican from North Carolina.

· More Letters to

Rep. Foxx

· Search All

Letters

Letters To Leaders

All messages are published with permission of the sender. The general topic of this message is Gov't Operations:

Subject:

Amendment 28

To:

President Barack Obama

Sen. Richard Burr

Sen. Kay Hagan

Rep. Virginia Foxx

November 10, 2009

Amendment 28

Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United

States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives,

and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or

Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the

United States.

Purlear , NC

From a Republican asking for equality between Sens/Reps and the people to a democrat. And I showed you the dems bill earlier.

Let us dissect your information:

The president is barnstorming the nation, urging swift approval of legislation that is taking shape in Congress.

Pure opinion. I think you're replying too slow... "barnstorming the nation" the connotation of the word 'barnstorming' used to invoke a fear response. And then "swift approval of legislation that is taking shape." So.... swift isn't defined, and I don't understand how anyone can approve anything that is still taking shape.

This legislation — the Affordable Health Choices Act that’s being drafted by Sen. Edward Kennedy’s staff and the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee — will push Americans into stingy insurance plans with tight, HMO-style controls.

Stingy, like barnstorming, used to invoke fear. And, stingy in who's opinion? Maybe I think your current plan is stingy... Then, 'HMO-style controls'... you mean like the ones in the CURRENT system? So, the people that are anti-reform are comparing this legislation to what they're currently in favor of in order to make people fearful - that's so circular it hurts my head.

It specifically exempts members of Congress (along with federal employees; the exemptions are in section 3116)

http://www.patientpowernow.org/2009/06/22/congress-federal-employees-exempt-insurance-mandates/

Like was already explained in my LAST post, they selectively choose the text that exempts federal employees, but don't explain that it also exempts the general populace as long as they currently have insurance and are happy with it.

Thusly, putting in how it is written above - I'll call it propaganda via omission - it strikes that nerve with the anti-government folks that say, "Well, if Congress is exempt, then shucks, if it's not good enough for them, then they're trying to screw over the regular people, don'tcha know?" And without even reading the legislation or figuring out the logic behind this perceived outrage... people blindly repeat that and are anti-reform without understanding exactly how they've been duped into buying into the GOP agenda.

Do you get it now?

I just read "Section 3116". It's 'definitions'. What it's saying is a "qualified individual" is someone who is not on Medicare, and NOT covered under a Federal program...or for that matter, ANY Employer sponsored coverage.

I don't see anything about any exemption. Maybe it's somewhere I'm not looking. There doesn't seem to be anything on the web with ACTUAL QUOTES from the bill..so I'm hoping someone will enlighten me.

Yup..it's bullshit. More mis information..like how Obama was going to put serial #'s on bullets..or ban firearms...or how Fox had proof of his 'radical' past.

Don't feel bad...most people don't bother fact checking anything they read. They just chew it up and pass it along to the next person as 'the facts'.

I'm not a fan of rushing health care reform...I think the bills presented are full of holes...but I'm less of a fan of blatant lies, half truths and deliberate misinformation.

Let us dissect your information:

Pure opinion. I think you're replying too slow... "barnstorming the nation" the connotation of the word 'barnstorming' used to invoke a fear response. And then "swift approval of legislation that is taking shape." So.... swift isn't defined, and I don't understand how anyone can approve anything that is still taking shape.

Stingy, like barnstorming, used to invoke fear. And, stingy in who's opinion? Maybe I think your current plan is stingy... Then, 'HMO-style controls'... you mean like the ones in the CURRENT system? So, the people that are anti-reform are comparing this legislation to what they're currently in favor of in order to make people fearful - that's so circular it hurts my head.

Like was already explained in my LAST post, they selectively choose the text that exempts federal employees, but don't explain that it also exempts the general populace as long as they currently have insurance and are happy with it.

Thusly, putting in how it is written above - I'll call it propaganda via omission - it strikes that nerve with the anti-government folks that say, "Well, if Congress is exempt, then shucks, if it's not good enough for them, then they're trying to screw over the regular people, don'tcha know?" And without even reading the legislation or figuring out the logic behind this perceived outrage... people blindly repeat that and are anti-reform without understanding exactly how they've been duped into buying into the GOP agenda.

Do you get it now?

Umm, I'm replying slow? I showed you quotes from the bill while you were dissecting my post. What if I don't want a healthcare plan? I'm penalized for that? Only hit on all the fear invoking propaganda. Don't touch the text from the bill.

Do you get it now?

Wrong, doesn't matter if your happy with it or not, has to be an approved plan.

Umm, I'm replying slow? I showed you quotes from the bill while you were dissecting my post. What if I don't want a healthcare plan? I'm penalized for that? Only hit on all the fear invoking propaganda. Don't touch the text from the bill.

You replying slow... just an example of an opinion. And judging by your response, it struck a small chord - enough for you to mention it. Which once again shows how easy it is to invoke a response. I might think you reply slow, Inya might think you type faster than Flash Gordon... Just like whoever authored that information/opinion YOU posted.

I just read "Section 3116". It's 'definitions'. What it's saying is a "qualified individual" is someone who is not on Medicare, and NOT covered under a Federal program...or for that matter, ANY Employer sponsored coverage.

I don't see anything about any exemption. Maybe it's somewhere I'm not looking. There doesn't seem to be anything on the web with ACTUAL QUOTES from the bill..so I'm hoping someone will enlighten me.

Here's the bill

http://help.senate.gov/BAI09A84_xml.pdf

You replying slow... just an example of an opinion. And judging by your response, it struck a small chord - enough for you to mention it. Which once again shows how easy it is to invoke a response. I might think you reply slow, Inya might think you type faster than Flash Gordon... Just like whoever authored that information/opinion YOU posted.

Keep coming up with opinions and not facts. ;)

He's just slow. :D