State of the Union Address - Drinking Game

Disclaimer

I think you missed the latter part of his post, ya know, the part that says: "...but I haven't read enough of it actually cite quotes to prove my thinking on that."

That's kinda key. You're right Inya, but I'm not qualified enough to really know if you are, I don't read anyone elses posts... I just like to read what I type.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone raise their hand if they have a "Cadillac" plan.

Now keep your hand up if you actually make enough money to be a Republican - a part of the upper echelons of society - to legitimately be able to bitch about supporting the masses.

Ya know, since I'm banking that most people on this board probably don't have personal incomes greater than $250k/yr - they would be considered 'the masses'.

I thought we weren't allowed to divert the topic when a reply is warranted.

Income is not the deciding factor when taxing the "Cadillac" plans, plan cost is. Some people look at healthcare as an important part of their budget. Just as some people value a nice home or vehicle. I want everyone to have the same value home and vehicle. That makes as much sense as having the same value healthcare plan. Everyone’s priorities are different and it's not the place of the government to set their levels.

You're naive to be getting so worked up just 'cause everyone's pickin' on your boy BoBo, though I know you're probably feeling a bit overprotective since you just camped out for hours last week to drink his Jim Jones Juice in person. Now that I think about it though.... This IS the first time you've had one of your boys in office giving the SoUA since you've been allowed to vote

1) I'm not losing sleep over people 'pickin' on my boy'.

2) The fact that I saw him in person has nothing to do with my opinion of him. If it were Bush, I would've saw him too. He was less than 5 miles from my house, tickets were free, and it didn't inconvenience me to attend. Total time in my life to wait in line to get tix, wait in line for the event, AND attend the event was 5.5 hours, which includes the speech.

3) You keep saying 'your boys' like I'm 100% on board with EVERYTHING Obama does. I'm pro-facts, pro-economics, and anti-dumbass - so whatever party happens to run that platform, I'm right behind them. Sarah Palin, you've got to be f*(king kidding me.

Edited by JRMMiii

I thought we weren't allowed to divert the topic when a reply is warranted.

Income is not the deciding factor when taxing the "Cadillac" plans, plan cost is. Some people look at healthcare as an important part of their budget. Just as some people value a nice home or vehicle. I want everyone to have the same value home and vehicle. That makes as much sense as having the same value healthcare plan. Everyone’s priorities are different and it's not the place of the government to set their levels.

I really can't comment on the 'Cadillac' plans because I'm unaware of how a 'Cadillac' plan is specifically defined.

But, I do understand what you're saying...

2) The fact that I saw him in person has nothing to do with my opinion of him. If it were Bush, I would've saw him too. He was less than 5 miles from my house, tickets were free, and it didn't inconvenience me to attend. Total time in my life to wait in line to get tix, wait in line for the event, AND attend the event was 5.5 hours, which includes the speech.

I call "Bullshit" Justin

You got up at 5:30 was it, & weren't too happy about that, then left work early to go see him. I think that makes you a fanboy ;)

And the only reason you didn't have more time invested than that, is becasue Ab did all the standing for you & got the tix ahead of time IIRC

I KNOW you wouldn't have gone through all that trouble to see Bush or Palin

I call "Bullshit" Justin

You got up at 5:30 was it, & weren't too happy about that, then left work early to go see him. I think that makes you a fanboy ;)

And the only reason you didn't have more time invested than that, is becasue Ab did all the standing for you & got the tix ahead of time IIRC

I KNOW you wouldn't have gone through all that trouble to see Bush or Palin

I got up at 5:30 because I didn't want to take a FULL day vacation... so I can use the 1/2day I saved for later. That's because I'm a chintz and a miser.

I would've went to see Bush or Palin if Ab stood in line for the tix again. :D She was already there for class, so she said she was just going to hop in line - so she has about 3 more hours invested in it than me. It wasn't a total loss for her, she was interviewed twice. Once on WKYC and once for some no-name Spanish college news thing.

I got up at 5:30 because I didn't want to take a FULL day vacation... so I can use the 1/2day I saved for later. That's because I'm a chintz and a miser.

I would've went to see Bush or Palin if Ab stood in line for the tix again. :D She was already there for class, so she said she was just going to hop in line - so she has about 3 more hours invested in it than me. It wasn't a total loss for her, she was interviewed twice. Once on WKYC and once for some no-name Spanish college news thing.

So you're saying Ab had a full 8 hour day invested in this event, & you also had to use a half day's vacation on top of the other stuff I said..... FANBOY??? :lol:

I guess it wasn't vacation per se. I used a "Wellness Cert" - I get two extra days off work each year because I use the gym.

Preventative care, keeping in shape, so I don't end up going bankrupt with the current healthcare system.

See how I brought it all back... /thread save :D

I guess it wasn't vacation per se. I used a "Wellness Cert" - I get two extra days off work each year because I use the gym.

You can dance around it all you want to Fanboy.... But the fact remains you used paid time off to go see your idol :cool:

See how I brought it all back... /thread save :grin:
Ummmm.... Yeeeahhhhh..... You're so good, you could be a politician... Or BoBo's newest speech writer :rolleyes: Edited by Fonzie

Idol... wow, someone paints with a broad, heavy brush. :nono::p

I'd do that too, but I prefer to keep my dick lead-based paint free.

Still trying to divert from your losing argument I see, with bold, unfounded claims & untruths :D

None of you guys in this thread actually care what he has to say other than to disagree or be apathetic about it.

I do care thats why there were no posts from me. I watched and paid attenion to the whole thing as I have many dogs in this fight IE....my home is now worth almost 30,000 less than what I still owe on it and I've lived in it for 10yrs, I'm basicly jobless, If things dont turn around I'll most likely join the forclosed masses, I dont qualify for any of his brilliant hand outs....... I could go on but theres no need most know what I'm talking about and many are in the same failboat as I. Am I ignorant enough to blame him for all of it, NO. Do I feel that his "historic" election and dumbass policy's, handouts and bailouts are partially to blame, your damn right I DO. I'm not Republican or Democrat half the time I dont even vote anymore because there's no good choice. I think he's a dumbass and though there may be a slight chance he has good intent, his plans and policy's are bullshit and that speech was full of more bullshit, empty promises and false hope.

Justin your no dumbass by any means and I understand your gonna defend him and I'm cool with that but even you have to admit he's doing some really stupid things and heading us as a country down a path of destruction and I dont think there's a thing any of us can do about it.

So no I'm not apathetic, I just dont give a damn. :rolleyes:

There my semi-educated serious rant is over I'll now go back to my regular sarcastic hillbilly mode.

Edited by MidgetTodd

my home is now worth almost 30,000 less than what I still owe on it and I've lived in it for 10yrs, I'm basicly jobless, If things dont turn around I'll most likely join the forclosed masses, I dont qualify for any of his brilliant hand outs.......

So, you're bitter that you're not poorer, or made dumb decisions in a recent enough period of time to qualify for these 'handouts'? Fortunately, I have a job and all, but my home lost value too, that's just how it goes in the market sometimes.

Speaking of handouts, you're not collecting unemployment are you? The same unemployment benefits Obama and others have been trying to extend to people in tough spots? If not, good on you for standing by your values.

I'm not Republican or Democrat half the time I dont even vote anymore because there's no good choice.

If you don't vote, you can't complain. Sorry, but that's how I look at things. When people have died to give you that right to affect change, and steer the country where you think it should be going and you don't care about that. That's on you.

but even you have to admit he's doing some really stupid things and heading us as a country down a path of destruction and I dont think there's a thing any of us can do about it.

You'll have to give me examples because I'm not really sure what you mean about this 'path of destruction'. What, specifically, is Obama doing that is doing that is causing the country to head down a path of destruction?

So no I'm not apathetic, I just dont give a damn. :rolleyes:

I'll assume you're making a joke.

Edited by JRMMiii

No, I'm not collecting unemployment nor do I plan to. I would rather find another job. I dont fault those who do collect it, just those who suck it dry and dont even look for a job.

Not really complaining as much as voiceing my opinion. And yes I agree with you I didnt vote so I dont really have alot of grounds to complain.

Bank bailouts, The automaker crap, Healthcare ect....... Some of this stuff probally needed done I realize that, the manner an proportions are what I disagree with.

Yes, I was jokeing with the apathetic thing and I know you chuckled.

And damn you for tricking me into another serious conversation and out of sarcastic mode.