Corbin Seat

jayjie15

I bought a used Corbin off Ebay for my VFR, best money i have spent on it. 4+ hour rides are no longer a problem. I even believe that i ride better with the Corbin, it keeps me in place instead of unintended shifts in position. Got mine for $250 shipped.

^ I would consider buying one if I came across one on Ebay for that cheap. These sarge seats everyone speaks of look like cheap ebay seat covers? Do they come with padding and cover? They look similar to replacement covers you buy for a quad or dirtbike.

Why would you have to send your seat off. My Sargents is a tad bit wider and subsequently even less of my feet touches the ground, but it is much more comfortable and the quality is excellent.

I was under the impression that they modified and recovered your existing seat. I just looked, and they do sell complete new seats, but only for a few Kawasaki models (not mine). I would have to either just get a new seat cover or send them mine to customize. I could buy an extra off ebay, but that's just additional time and expense for something I'm not sure is worth the cost.

i had a corbin seat. it was awesome, except it made me sit too low. other than that it was perfect. very comfortable esp on longer rides.

look on ebay, you can probably save a few pennies on one

I had a corbin on my Triumph and Buell. Very well made, and comfortable. Both of them had a sticker on the base of who made the seat. I loved it, as both of mine were made by Jesus.

I have a Corbin on my Busa and after break-in have done maybe 13,000 miles on it last year. Seat pans are metal. Won't deform to sit bones. Leather cover. Heavy and long lasting. Use Proofride to condition or Lexoll. Foam is dense giving the seat a definite hard feel. If you do the distance you'll appreciate the hard versus the soft in about 200 miles. Wardie

I've had the Corbin on my FJR for 75,000 miles. No rips or tears.

Corbins aren't designed to be plushy seats in the first place; it takes more than 2000 miles of riding to get them broken in, and after that, they stay pretty stiff. I prefer to call the comfort level a "delayed gratification." When you can get off your bike after 200 straight miles and still be able to feel your butt, it's a good seat.

I had one on my SV650 for about 15,000 miles and that was a big asset (no pun intended) to my long distance rides on the West Coast. I ended up giving it to my friend (who purchased an SV as his first bike) instead of selling it along with the bike. I think they're well worth the money.