Snow

scottb

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No snow yet here in Cleveland.

How is the weather in Columbus?

The weather guys are predicting a lot of snow.

I'll believe it when I see it. Every time they predict doom and gloom here in Columbus nothing happens!

No snow or ice here yet, my outside therm says 36deg.

I am all for being prepared, but the news will show people at the store buying bread and water. WTF?

If needed for any weather, I have a generator, but the house is not wired. There was a summer rain storm that knocked out our power for 4 days. I ran an RV cord to the refridgerator for a few hours every day.

I laugh when the news shows the grocery packed with ppl getting bread and water I mean WTF people think we are going to be stranded for days? People freak out waaaay too much these days I'm not going to be a puppet of the media and freak out at every little thing the say.

People freak out waaaay too much these days I'm not going to be a puppet of the media and freak out at every little thing the say.

It's not a "these days" thing....It has been happening since people started relying on motorized transportation and electricity for their daily life. My parents did it as did their parents before them and that was way before most people even had a TV in there house and before mass media even existed.

I laugh when the news shows the grocery packed with ppl getting bread and water I mean WTF people think we are going to be stranded for days? People freak out waaaay too much these days I'm not going to be a puppet of the media and freak out at every little thing the say.

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

I am all for being prepared, but the news will show people at the store buying bread and water. WTF?

:lol: i love when clevelanders freak out. All I'm preparing with is leaving work early to hit the liqour store so I got some cocktails while I destroy some xbox tonight if its too shitty to hit the bars

I was at the Blue Jackets game last night and between periods I was watching one of the TV's and the were showing the snow forecast. A couple happen to walk by and the wife gasp'd when she saw they were calling for 8 inches of snow in Columbus. I looked at them and said "it's the end of the world run, run fast", which got a rather nasty look from both of them and a good laugh from me. It's fucking snow people, not a plague of locusts.

Edited by cmh_sprint

freezing rain is starting here in east columbus.

SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION THIS MORNING... MIXING WITH RAIN THIS AFTERNOON SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 70. BY LATE AFTERNOON... ANY RAIN WILL HAVE CHANGED TO ALL SNOW... AND CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF FROM WEST TO EAST SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THREE TO FIVE INCHES OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE DURING THE DAY TODAY... WITH THE BULK FALLING IN THE AFTERNOON AND ALONG THE I-70 CORRIDOR. AN ADDITIONAL SIX INCHES IS POSSIBLE OVERNIGHT. AN ADDITIONAL INCH MAY OCCUR SATURDAY MORNING AND EARLY AFTERNOON. TOTAL ACCUMULATION FROM THIS SYSTEM WILL BE FROM TEN INCHES TO A FOOT.

Not supposed to start snowing until "late afternoon" maybe around 3pm?