Snow

scottb

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laptop and phone but batteries on both are about dead we've got a generator but I'm not real keen on useing the computor on generator power because it prolly surges alot .... and yes Scott we've got a fire place and a kerosene heater too, sorry Matt no treadmill good idea though

Hobie and I rescued a Honda Accord that had slid off the ramp from 270 to 70 on the West side. Took a little jostling to get it out of the furrows it had plowed, but we ended up getting him out with no damage to either vehicle.

I love my truck.

Hard to measure how much we've got here so far due to the varied drifting, but it's still snowing &/or blowing as I type this

Went for a run in it earlier, about 19:30, & I'd guesstimate a couple inches at that time. Was coming down good enough, that by the time I'd wrap around on my loop.... My footprints from 10 minutes earlier would often be gone/covered

Went into work at noon today was clear and 35, get out of work tonight at midnight and its 27 and snowing like hell LOL! What a fun ride home fucktards need to get to the right in there little cars doing 20. All I wanted was to cruise home in 4wd around 45-50 and everyone has to ride right in the middle of the road at 20? Besides what the hell was there so many cars out for at 12:30 at night for in weather like this? Getting bread and milk and vodka I guess.

Drifts outside look to be at least a foot or two in some spots. Still snowing/blowing HARD.... Keep hearin' the electrical cables whackin' against the house all night

Hancock Cty (Findlay) Level 2 Snow Emergency right now.... Seneca Cty (Tiffin) to east of us is at Level 3

In case anyone is wondering... the Wilmington radar that is NE of Cincinnati, covering the SW part of the state, shows the total so far from yesterday:

20 to 25 inches of snow in a small patch on the Ross-Highland border

15 to 20 inches of snow for Adams and Highland counties, and the West side of Ross, Pike, and Scioto counties.

15 to 20 inches of snow North of Dayton in Miami county.

Columbus shows 6 to 10 inches of snow so far.

Charleston radar showing Northern West Virginia slammed with 3 to 4 inches of precipitation in a few areas,

which translates to up to 30 to 40 inches of snow.

Looks like Pittsburgh got slammed with 10 to 20 inches of snow.

Northern Ohio either has crappy radar, or didn't get much snow so far.

I didn't measure so far today. All I know is that it's over a foot, and less than 3 feet. It sux when it's more than we're used to getting.

The wife HAD to be at work today, she was scheduled at 8am. I started clearing the car off around 7am. The car was out of the driveway and ready to go a little after 8. For the record, the rear bumper of a 2002 Malibu does not make a very good snow plow! I'm fairly confident that if I had just shoveled, it would have taken quite a bit longer than trying to power through it though. At around 8:30 or 8:40 she sent me a message saying she had made it. It's about a 5 mile drive, took about 20+ minutes from my estimation.

If we got snow like this more often, I don't think it would be such an issue, but we don't, so it's interesting, to say the least.

Also, what's with this clearing on the radar that moved past here? I saw snow coming down still. :dunno:

So I went out at 8am, but everything was closed. Parking lots not plowed yet. I wanted to look and see if any fast food was open, but figured that the employees wouldn't be there, a bad combination when buying fast food. Mostly 4wd out and about. Mine was slipping, sliding and spinning all four wheels, as it should, it's a Jeep. It wasn't bad out. I went back home. Shoot, it's 10am, I think I'll go for a drive...

edit: yeah, about what I thought. Streets are mostly cleared now with a million pounds of salt. Hardly anyone is out. Grocery store didn't get some deliveries, and people freaked and bought all the canned goods. No sidewalks are cleared, so people are walking in the streets. So watch out for them. Which includes cars swerving to avoid the pedestrians in the street.

Edited by ReconRat