Roll On Columbus - Hotels

Tonik

What hotels are within crawling distance of the event?

I know there is an effort to get group discounts going at hotels but I want to grab a reservation now. I can cancel it if when the discount deal becomes available. Just don't want to take the chance of not getting a room, I have a feeling that this event is going to be off the charts. All the clubs I know here in Cleveland are making it a club event.

Got it, thank you very much. Those are borderline crawling distance for someone my age but I will manage.

It's only a couple of blocks to several of them. Now if you're like me and you crave White Castle when you're drunk, you'll want to call a cab. It's a bit further. :lol:

every hotel in that area is expensive as hell. just stay on morse rd or 161 and take a cab it will save you at least 75-100 dollers.

days inn, red roof, knights are all like 40-45 ish

downtown like hyyat and adams mark are more like 100-150 a night.

save the money and take a cab. you shouldnt be riding and drinking anyways

you shouldnt be riding and drinking anyways

Appreciate the advice, it is good advice. I NEVER drink and ride, not even one beer. So yea I either walk to the expensive hotels or cab it back up to the north end of town. Either way is cool. I never thought of a cab, that is a good idea.

Downtown, right by Arena District:

Hyatt Regency - $145/Sat Night

Hampton - $185/Sat Night

Crowne Plaza - $340/Sat Night

Red Roof Inn - $77/Sat Night

Marriott - $139/Sat Night

I wouldn't suggest anyone stay in a hotel near Morse or 161, especially with a bike parked outside. The bike probably won't be there in the morning. :lol:

If you don't want to stay downtown, look to the suburbs like Hilliard, Dublin, Pickerington, etc. Nicer areas, and still only a 20 minute max commute to downtown on the weekend. Hilliard would probably be your best bet, around the Rome-Hilliard Rd area. Here are several. There are a lot in the Dublin area as well.

Remember a few things though: a cab ride to/from downtown is around $35-$60 each way, the hotels downtown have parking garages, and we're working on getting a discount at a few of the downtown hotels.

I'd avoid hotels near 71, the airport, and the fairgrounds. These seem to be hotspots for theft in Columbus.

For those making reservations, or arranging deals at the hotels. I see the Mariot is valet only and I suspect most downtown hotels will be that way. Usually they let you park your own bike in those cases as opposed to the valet guy wrecking customers bikes. But it always is good to check ahead of time.