Stupid Punk @$$ kids

chevysoldier

UPDATE:

Well, they came out and fixed it today. Sweet. Then an hour later it went out again. Damn. This time the arm was knocked completely off. I was on my home from work. My wife found the kids responsible and our neighbor followed them and found out where they lived. Police called and we filed a report. Talked with the parents with police present and made a deal, they cover the cost of having our dish fixed, $95 since they just fixed it, or we file charges. Both parents (2 different kids) opted against the charges. Well we have the $95 cash in hand. The kids looked pretty scared and I hope they learned their lesson.

As I type this, I am on hold to get the dish fixed again. Alls well that ends well I guess.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I think that if the parents would knock the kids arms off like they did to your dish, they wouldn't be having an issue.

My wife showed the one guy the dish. When he saw it his eyes got huge. He said until further notice, his kid is under house arrest. I hope dad follows through. He seemed sincere.

My wife showed the one guy the dish. When he saw it his eyes got huge. He said until further notice, his kid is under house arrest. I hope dad follows through. He seemed sincere.

I'd have told the father that I wanted something that the kid had paid for. Preferably something he uses all the time. Then I'd have done at least $200.00 damage to it. At that point, you're even.

I'd have told the father that I wanted something that the kid had paid for. Preferably something he uses all the time. Then I'd have done at least $200.00 damage to it. At that point, you're even.

Nah, he looked scared shitless. I ever catch those boys doing something like this again, I'll be pressing charges to the fullest extent of the law.

Nah, he looked scared shitless. I ever catch those boys doing something like this again, I'll be pressing charges to the fullest extent of the law.

He was only scared because he got caught, and even at that its only part of the equation.

Fucking up something of his allows him to feel the sense of loss and anger that his victims felt.

Press charges? Seriously, a slap on the wrist and released to the parents with a "strong" admonition from a JC judge "not to get in trouble again" is about all they'll get.

He was only scared because he got caught, and even at that its only part of the equation.

Fucking up something of his allows him to feel the sense of loss and anger that his victims felt.

Press charges? Seriously, a slap on the wrist and released to the parents with a "strong" admonition from a JC judge "not to get in trouble again" is about all they'll get.

That may be true, but me breaking his stuff doesn't make me any better than him. If he gets angry at his stuff getting broken, he might retaliate to get even, but be more careful not to get caught. Anyway you go with it, it's up to the kid how he handles it in the end.

The kids dad should have commenced "domestic abuse" on that kid. i.e. he deserved a major ass kicking, especially for doing it twice.

On the Dish front, I'm looking to save $ not spend more. Currently, we are spending $50/mo. for basic, or "Classic" cable. (about 80 channels) which is weak. I had them come get the DVR box today after they raised the rates for basic cable and the box. I'm just looking to get basic cable service without paying half a C note for something we rarely use. Where is the A-la-cart cable we were promised was coming back in the 80's?

We only watch TV during the winter months and even then not much. We lived the past 4 years without any cable at all and I dont feel, now that I have had it for a year, that I was missing much.

Maybe its time to cut the cord. At least my kid wont be watching homos dressing fat girls fashionably all the time.

Step 1: Get cable.

Step 2: 'Fix' the dish, by rigging it up with some kind of voltage source. We're going for 'painful and humiliating', not 'lethal and/ or actionable'.

Step 3: Place fixed dish with a sign that says 'Vandals- Anyone caught messing with my satellite dish will be reported to the police!' or something to that effect.

Step 4: Set up camera, wait for awesomeness (because no teenage vandal can resist a challenge like that sign).

Step 5: Post results on OR, but remove all booby-traps from the dish before police and/ or angry parents arrive to investigate.

:p

Step 1: Get cable.

Step 2: 'Fix' the dish, by rigging it up with some kind of voltage source. We're going for 'painful and humiliating', not 'lethal and/ or actionable'.

Step 3: Place fixed dish with a sign that says 'Vandals- Anyone caught messing with my satellite dish will be reported to the police!' or something to that effect.

Step 4: Set up camera, wait for awesomeness (because no teenage vandal can resist a challenge like that sign).

Step 5: Post results on OR, but remove all booby-traps from the dish before police and/ or angry parents arrive to investigate.

:p

:D I like it, except for step 1, and the posting part of step 5.

Should have gotten the kid to shovel your driveway the rest of winter.

Apartment complex. I'm sure his neighbors would LOVE that! Along with the management! Much cheaper than hiring someone to plow it! :D