for sale Springfield XD .40

Ron Burgundy

From what I was told at the CCW class you cannot ship a fire arm, however if you were to remove the slide, and ship the frame and the slide separately it is no longer a fire arm but parts and therefore is able to be shipped. Again I am just stating what I was told by the instructor at our CCW. I take no responsibility if you ship it this method and get busted. The only other way to ship it would be to take it to and FFL and have them ship it to another FFL which will probably cost you $50+.

The reason I know this is I was planning on selling one of mine to someone in PA. But since I am supposed to be heading back there this weekend I will just take it with me.

You can ship a firearm via UPS. I've shipped a pistol to S&W for repair. It would have been out of my way to drop it off in Massachusetts. However, I don't believe you can ship to a non FFL.

You can ship rifles and pistols via UPS if you follow their rules.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html

And it doesnt have to be to or from an FFL.