2010 Olympic Watching Thread

Likwid

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't sound like she made it.....

Return to Competition

Cohen announced on May 6, 2009 that she planned to make a comeback for the 2010 Olympics.[5] She received invitations to compete in the 2009 Trophée Eric Bompard and in the 2009 Skate America in the 2009-2010 Grand Prix Series. Cohen was forced to withdraw from both of her planned Grand Prix events due to an injury to her calf.

On January 21, 2010 she finally took to the competitive ice for the first time in four years at the 2010 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Spokane, Washington. She debuted her short program to España Cañí, and skated a strong performance landing a triple lutz-double toe, a triple flip, a double axel, along with her signature spiral sequence and spins earning 69.63 points putting her in second place, just 0.43 from first place finisher Mirai Nagasu. However, her free skate, set to Moonlight Sonata, was filled with errors; she fell on a triple flip and had two-footed landings on a number of other jumps. Cohen finished fourth in the championships, behind Rachael Flatt, Mirai Nagasu and Ashley Wagner, and was not selected for the Olympic team. She is the second alternate incase of injury or other circumstances that would prevent Flatt and Nagasu from competing

On a positive note..... I leave you with this :D

Sasha_Cohen_Spin_2009_SOI.jpgSasha_Cohen_2.jpg

le sigh, Canada finally got their first gold at home... fun

watching the Ohno bio is getting a little old

I like Apollo, but he got lucky last night.... Koreans had it wrapped up & him boxed out, 'til they blew it

OK.... I think I just fell in love with the country of Georgia's ice skating program! Think I'm gonna defect.... Biggest sweater puppies I've ever seen on ice!! dancingnaughty.gif Gentlemen.... I present you 5'1", 105lb, 20 year old Elene Gedevanishvili

soc_el_ged49.jpg

Not used to seeing actual cleavage on the ice queens ;)

Elene_GEDEVANISHVILI_TEB2009.jpgelene%20off%20ice%203.jpgGMSA_Elene%20Gedevanishvili.jpg

And let's not forgot Tara Lipinski in the discussion of skating cuties either....

Around+Smashbox+Fall+2006+Day+4+-kq8hEzfFI5l.jpgKevin+Connolly+popular+TV+show+Entourage+arrives+BDWxave_uiJl.jpg?36544PCN_Voyeur07

tara-lipinski-picture-2.jpgTara-Lipinski-picture-Z1G110357_b.jpgcontact_image.jpg

Edited by Fonzie