Boot Suggestions

danballa

So, I'm not sure what I should be looking for, so I figured I would just ask. Obviously, I'm looking for some boots. I'm trying to not have to carry another pair of shoes/boots with me. Only can pack so much stuff, and with 2 people on a bike, even less stuff.

Anything out there that can be comfortable to tour in for 5-6 hour days, and then be able to do mild trail hiking for a couple miles? Ankle support is highly desirable, waterproof would be nice, but not needed.

These would be a situational type of boot for me, or backup for my main pair that I can't hike in heh.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/productpagebrand.asp/brand/SIDI/Class3/Street%20Boots-Mens/Class2/Footwear/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

The Doha's or the Escape. I like the Escape, the Doha is probably a bit better for ankle support though. Both are great for walking. Escape has a very stiff sole. My next pair I'm looking at the Evo Rain.

you can get away with riding a motorcycle in hiking boots, but it would be a bitch to go hiking in motorcycle boots. just something to think about.

I agree. If you find a good pair of hiking boots with ankle support you should be able to ride with them. You wouldn't want to ride with them all the time because you'll wear out the hiking boots quicker on a motorcycle and they don't have all the protection and fit that real motorcycle boots have.

Sidi Canyon Gortex FTW!!! Very comfortable, waterproof, replaceable sole, and they're Sidi!

I've been eyeing the Canyons for several years now, waiting for the price to drop some.... And it NEVER does!! :wtf::nono:

I don't think they'd make good hiking boots for Ben's requirement though

I've been eyeing the Canyons for several years now, waiting for the price to drop some.... And it NEVER does!! :wtf::nono:

So have I. I've looked for them at Iron Pony to try them on, but they haven't had them in when I've looked. The B-2's and some other Sidi's are on clearance right now on NewEnough, though. They won't be good for what the OP is asking for, but figured if someone else was looking for boots as well.

Edited by snodgrass23

I ride in these

http://www.redwingshoes.com/productdetails.aspx?prodid=2050

and find them to be excellent all around boots. I wear them before my running shoes as they are more comfortable.

same here, think those might be the exact kind I have as well. Using them until I get all the parts for the bike ordered then head to Iron Pony to do some trying on of something better

I was pretty happy with these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7474215/c/3.html

761471-p-DETAILED.jpg

They were quite comfortable, sturdy yet lightweight, and lasted quite a while given the abuse I put them through (I put off the Shadow's brake job for quite awhile). You can generally find them cheaper than this link here at a place like Dick's Sporting Goods or some such.

• 1 month later...

I don't think they'd make good hiking boots for Ben's requirement though

trust me, you could hike in these with no problem, just did it couple weeks ago in Mt. Diablo.

I still stand by my Thor 50/50 boots. Best bike/work/everything boot I've ever used...so far.

I keep going back to those but I'm not sure.

They seem to like they would bake your feet.

I want those but ventilated. Suggestions?

I keep going back to those but I'm not sure.

They seem to like they would bake your feet.

I want those but ventilated. Suggestions?

They breathe extremely well and I've ridden through the desert with them. I debated between those and the Icon Tarmac Ventilated Boots but the 50/50s just fit better. The Icons don't look too bad, either, especially with the front tongue being almost all mesh. I'd like to do a review on those someday.

Here's my more detailed review on the 50/50s: http://twowheeledtourist.blogspot.com/2010/01/long-term-product-review-thor-5050.html.